Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to connect watch active 2 to 4g

(Topic created on: 11-10-2019 03:13 PM)
Favkb24
Pioneer
Options

I am unable to connect my watch active 2 to mobile network. Keeping getting error that mobile service is not available in my region.

133 REPLIES 133
Favkb24
Pioneer
Options

Yes I do

0 Likes
Chris_UK
Explorer
Options
Exactly the same as me, have it activated by Vodafone buy can't get past the first stage of the wearable app due to the "region" error.
0 Likes
AntS
Options

Hi all.

Not too much of a move on from the last one, but this is the official statement that's in my inbox this morning:

"We’re working closely with partners to bring 4G connectivity to the Galaxy Watch Active2. This will be available first on the EE, with other networks to follow."

Favkb24
Pioneer
Options

This actually makes sense. It's not yet available on Vodafone.  They could have told us this and we would have stop wasting our time researching on solution.

We can either waste or cancel plan till it becomes available. This might be anything from 1 week to a year.

0 Likes
Favkb24
Pioneer
Options

So the good news is there is no problem with the watch so not Samsung fault all Vodafone.

I did some testing 

first, I paired the watch with a Samsung note 8 phone that has three(3) sim card and I got an error "cannot connect to a network please contact your network provider" this is expected as three do not support wearable or one number yet.

second, I paired with an iPhone 7 that has Vodafone sim but it's my husband work phone (so business account). and it works like magic no error whatsoever. I just need to find a way to cancel and remove the subscription now before the company finds out.  

I just thought you all should know 

0 Likes
Allawish
Apprentice
Options

@Favkb24 wrote:

So the good news is there is no problem with the watch so not Samsung fault all Vodafone.

I did some testing 

first, I paired the watch with a Samsung note 8 phone that has three(3) sim card and I got an error "cannot connect to a network please contact your network provider" this is expected as three do not support wearable or one number yet.

second, I paired with an iPhone 7 that has Vodafone sim but it's my husband work phone (so business account). and it works like magic no error whatsoever. I just need to find a way to cancel and remove the subscription now before the company finds out.  

I just thought you all should know 

Oh wow. So you got it working on Vodafone by activating with an iphone?

Maybe its activation with a Samsung phone and vodafone it does not work on?

0 Likes
Favkb24
Pioneer
Options

Am thinking that it works because it's a business sim account. 

I will try swapping the sim card and use my sim card to see if I have the same error  or it will just work.

It would be very silly and unacceptable that samsung watch wont work with Samsung phone.

0 Likes
Allawish
Apprentice
Options

Mine is also a business account but not managed to get working. Perhaps Vodafone have fixed something in background. I am just going through full reset and going to try and pair again.

The one number website is now showing the esim is active and gives me a qr code so hopefully i can somehow scan that...

0 Likes
Allawish
Apprentice
Options

Still not working for me and I can't get an option to scan the QR code from the Samsung Wearable App.

I tried 3 times, on wifi, on 4g, and on 4g but with gps services set to GPS only rather than bluetooth and wifi detection.

I did notice that just before it tells you the region is not correct that the GPS icon pops up on the phone. That also must have some bearing...

0 Likes
Favkb24
Pioneer
Options

Great  news guys. I used iphone and paired the watch and was able to connect to Vodafone and the 4g works. I was able to make calls while on standalone mode. 

This is shameful how can samsung watch and samsung app not compatible both android. I dont know where the fault lies now. 

0 Likes