Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to connect watch active 2 to 4g

(Topic created on: 10-10-2019 12:19 AM)
Favkb24
Pioneer
Options

I am unable to connect my watch active 2 to mobile network. Keeping getting error that mobile service is not available in my region.

133 REPLIES 133
Chris_UK
Explorer
Options
It looks as if there are two different issues!
0 Likes
moulsonp
Journeyman
Options

Sad fact is I've been told conflicting information by both Samsung and Vodafone, sometimes during the same conversation with regards support for the watch on Vodafone. It's ridiculous there is lack of clarity on what is supported. 

Fact is right now despite Vodafone trying to enable the eSim I still get the "service not available in your region" error. 

It would be helpful if both parties published publicly formal support statements.  At the moment the following from Samsung suggests Vodafone is not supported:

https://www.samsung.com/global/galaxy/galaxy-watch-active2/carrier/

0 Likes
Favkb24
Pioneer
Options

It seems that way. Maybe it worth exchanging with samsung and see if we will get proper region watch and take it from there 

0 Likes
Allawish
Apprentice
Options

Maybe the difference in error is dependent on whether Vodafone or EE?

Is the region error only happening on Voda?

I may try activating this 2nd watch...

0 Likes
Allawish
Apprentice
Options

@moulsonp wrote:

Sad fact is I've been told conflicting information by both Samsung and Vodafone, sometimes during the same conversation with regards support for the watch on Vodafone. It's ridiculous there is lack of clarity on what is supported. 

Fact is right now despite Vodafone trying to enable the eSim I still get the "service not available in your region" error. 

It would be helpful if both parties published publicly formal support statements.  At the moment the following from Samsung suggests Vodafone is not supported:

https://www.samsung.com/global/galaxy/galaxy-watch-active2/carrier/

That's crazy. When I first purchased it said on their main page that EE and Vodafone was supported.

0 Likes
Nominal
Explorer
Options

Well just had a call from Samsung and they say it's a vodafone problem and should be fixed tomorrow!

0 Likes
Allawish
Apprentice
Options

@Nominal wrote:

Well just had a call from Samsung and they say it's a vodafone problem and should be fixed tomorrow!

Oh really???

That's good news. Did they give any info as to what the problem is and what Vodafone need to do to activate it?

I just had a call back from senior techs at Vodafone. They have been told that the watch is not supported (SM-R825F) by Vodafone and nothing can be done.

0 Likes
Nominal
Explorer
Options

Just a glich in the system lol, we will have to wait and see!

One of the answers must be right!

0 Likes
Favkb24
Pioneer
Options

@Allawish did you managed to activate the second watch and are you getting a different error or no error? Anyone with the region error managed to activate a new watch or sorted the issue out

0 Likes
Favkb24
Pioneer
Options

People that managed to get their watch working. Do you have youtube/twitter/instagram?

0 Likes