Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to connect watch active 2 to 4g

(Topic created on: 04-10-2019 05:33 PM)
Favkb24
Pioneer
Options

I am unable to connect my watch active 2 to mobile network. Keeping getting error that mobile service is not available in my region.

133 REPLIES 133
Nominal
Explorer
Options

Having the same problem as well

Favkb24
Pioneer
Options

I have been on the phone to vodafone and still cannot figure out. If I cant get it to connect I will be returning if and get a bluetooth one.

Nominal
Explorer
Options

Oh, with Vodafone as well hope they can sort it out!

Cman2000
Journeyman
Options

Hi, I have exactly the same. Im with Vodafone, set up the Vodafone Onenumber, but the watch wont do anything in the 'Mobile services' option just says not available in this region. I trouble shooted with tech support, reset a few times unistalled and reinstalled Galaxy Wear, waited two days for Onenumber to kick in but nothing. In the end we assumed it was broken, so i returned it, waiting for another. Having just seen these posts now im not so sure!

Favkb24
Pioneer
Options

I did exactly the same with vodafone on the phone and today is the day they will call me back with the fix if there is no fix I am sending the watch back and getting the bluetooth only. Samsung needs to work with this mobile providers and test things before sending it out.

I have been on the phone to samsung too multiple times and all they keep telling me is it's the mobile phone provider problem not samsung and that if the bluetooth function works fine then it's not the watch. If the hardware/software part of the watch does not function well then mobile providers cannot provider services. 

Vodafone generater the QR code but the watch does not reach the stage where I can scan it.

Cman2000
Journeyman
Options

They need to clarify compatability. So Vodafone need to state what products OneNumber can work on, all i can see on their webite is mention of Galaxy gear and Apple watches. Samsung need to state which networks the Active 2 can actually work on in the UK otherwise boasting about an LTE watch is pointless not to mention a waste of time processing returns etc

Nominal
Explorer
Options

Well have just talked to Samsung and they tell me that the watch is open to any network that supports e-sims, so up to Vodafone to make it work I guess. Hope this helps.

Allawish
Apprentice
Options

So I have exactly the same problem.

Vodafone set me up with the esim etc but we can't get the watch to use the network. Same error, region blah blah.

Vodafone said they are working on it in the backend to see if they can fix. They said it's the first error like this they have ever seen.....

I also spoke to Samsung support on webchat. They gave me the impression there is a problem with some of the watches with region and said zi should return and get a new one under the reason of "defective".

I ordered mine direct from Samsung Online. I also have another one arriving Monday from Currys/PC World and will see if that is any better..

Favkb24
Pioneer
Options
I bought mine online too from samsung. Samsung is sending a swap on monday too and Vodafone said it will start working midnight yesterday but still nothing. Let's hope it's a faulty set that we all got because it a beautiful watch and I like to keep it.