Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Horrible blisters/rash from Gear S3 watch

(Topic created on: 07-03-2019 03:16 PM)
anjusino
Student
Options

I've had the Gear S3 Classic since launch, and I wear it every day. I only take it off to shower or charge.

Recently, I developed an irritation on my wrist under the edge of the watch body. It developed into blisters and then to a dry itchy rash. I kept the watch off for a couple of weeks until it healed, and then began wearing the watch again. The blisters/rash once again developed. I tried putting a large patch bandaid on the rash, but that didn't help. I just switched to my other wrist to see if the rash develops there too. 

Is my watch defective? Anyone else experiencing something this extreme?

20190307_100051.jpg20190307_100126.jpg

6 REPLIES 6
AntS
Options

Hi @anjusino. Doesn't look good. 😞 Have you contacted your local Samsung Support or your doctor about this?

0 Likes
Libb
MegaStar
Options

I had similar issue, then I changed the band from a rubber one to leather and now I'm OK.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=gear+s3+band&_sacat=0

Xiaomi 14 Ultra White | Samsung Galaxy Tab S9 256GB
Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro | Samsung Galaxy Buds / Buds2 / Buds2 Pro

lu22
First Poster
Options

Hi, I've recently experienced the same skin irritation.  At first I thought it was a blister. Then my skin started to peel, more like rub off.  I didn't wear my watch for several days and it appeared to heal. I thought "good" and put my watch back on.  After a few days the rash ... peeling ... skin rubbing off appeared again.  

Anyone else having this reaction? 

anjusino
Student
Options

Sounds about what happened to me! I scarred pretty bad and now don't have any freckles on my wrist there! I ended up contacting Samsung Support via Twitter and they gave me compensation for a new watch after trying to repair it multiple times.

2loki4u
First Poster
Options

Galaxy s3 Frontier Wrist RashGalaxy s3 Frontier Wrist Rash

Galaxy s3 Frontier Wrist RashGalaxy s3 Frontier Wrist Rash

So I've had this watch since launch and just recently, I developed this horrific Rash... I stopped wearing the watch for about 2wks and it almost was gone but wearing it again this week, after 2 days it came back again... Still using original watch band and I've cleaned the watch with rubbing alcohol 2x now - no idea why after a year +this started happening... 

Given all the other issues I've had with it since the tizen 4 one ui update, I wish they'd offee me an upgrade /replacement... This is rediculous... 

0 Likes
Hbundles88
First Poster
Options

I have this rash also from my galaxy active 2 watch. I figured I'm allergic to something in the band. 

0 Likes