Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hissing/Very loud sound in right bud

(Topic created on: 06-02-2021 03:12 PM)
jhk987
Explorer
Options
Hi guys

So I bought the new Buds Pro on the day of release, but 2 days ago this really loud hissing/white noise sound started appearing whenever either noise cancelling or ambient sound is on. I've tried resetting and repairing the buds, but this is still continuing, it makes the features unusable. I haven't dropped it in liquid or anything, I'm wondering if anybody has had the same issue? I think I will have to send them back.
9 REPLIES 9
WHATaTOPPER
Voyager
Options
send them back you shouldn't be having to deal with issues like this after just purchasing them so I would return them otherwise you're probably going to have issues for as long as you have them
Suzie96
Journeyman
Options
They may put out a software update but honestly if it's that quick to have issues I'd send them back too, im still waiting for mine apparently it takes 45 days from validation when you don't buy direct. Bloody joke. I can't do anything on my phone with sound atm 🤣
jhk987
Explorer
Options
yeah I've put in a repair request, seems like other people are having the same issue. Not on for a new product to be faulty lol
0 Likes
WHATaTOPPER
Voyager
Options
I would look into maybe returning them and heaven forbid they are going to try and charge you for the repair if you're able to just something as Major as that in such a short time of buds Pro that are so expensive I wouldn't be happy with that one little bit I'm waiting for them myself to be honest I got some buds live which I think I'll Grace because of Hosea sit in your ear really comfortable if I had any issues on the level you are I would definitely look into exchanging them for a different set
0 Likes
oldsalt
First Poster
Options

Same thing - started a couple days ago. New buds pro arrived Jan 29, and the right bud will sometimes have that white noise.    I noticed with phone it was with either Ambient or ANC engaged only.  The buds were also down to maybe 60% charge so that may play in?  10 minutes later and back out of the case and at 94% and the white noise was gone......     But if this continues I may have to return as well.  😞

Update - just updated the earbuds to the latest update R190XXU0AUB3 but that did not relieve the recently manifested white noise issue in the right earbud. 

0 Likes
Chris3
First Poster
Options

I have the exact same problem, hissing in the right bud when either noise canceling or ambient sound is on. I have only used them two or three times so this is concerning. Hopefully there's a fix, not sure I can return them since they came with my phone.

jhk987
Explorer
Options
well I sent mine off to Saumsung get repaired as they're under warranty, that was close to three weeks ago, so I was going to advise sending yours off also but at this rate, I doubt Samsung will even return my buds lol
0 Likes
Frankieseaman
Pioneer
Options
I have been having this issue also, for me it started about a week ago, after having no issues for the couple weeks I had them since release. I can't really tell if it's my ears, a defect or a software issue, but I'm leaning toward defect after the small amount of testing that I have done, but I don't want to send my buds away for a week or more because that's just really annoying.
0 Likes
AshWilliams
First Poster
Options

I tried a second pair and they are both making the hiss in the right ear. My g buds live updated and have no hiss. 
I think its just bad software. They were perfect before the last update. 

0 Likes