Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Help :( Please Samsung Galaxy 5 LTE & 5 Pro LTE - USim

(Topic created on: 29-12-2022 01:35 PM)
CYL
First Poster
Options

Good evening everyone, 

First time posting on the Samsung Community, anything I am doing wrong please forgive me. 

I have been looking at smart watches for children for the last 12 months and honestly its much of a muchness. 

I finally set my mind on purchasing 3 x Samsung Galaxy 5 LTE for the kids, a 5 Pro for myself, and wife might end up getting the same. 

However, after all this comdemplating between Vtech, Fitbit, Littletikes, Spacetalk, Garmin, Apple, Huawei, and now Samsung, I am a bit stuck on the usim part of my insanely expensive idea of getting 4-5 Samsung Watches. 

We live in New Zealand and after visiting SPARK(Telecom NZ Rebranded), 2Degrees Mobile, and Vodafone, opinions on what needs to be done vary from one to the other, so I beleive its probably my bad luck with Sales Reps. 

Can anyone here tell me, if I purchased the watches from South Korea, and brought them back to New Zealand, will I have any issues getting them to work. 

I beleive they need a mobile phone to get them activated, but that is a matter of setting the usim to the phone I will be using to activate them. 

Honestly I don't know what to do......

Please help

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Solution
peterskoi
Pioneer
Options
What you will need is a e sim plan. If your kids have a mobile phone on a contract, speak to there providers and get the e sim on there account that way the watch and mobile will have the same number just remember to give the network the EID number. And if kids don't have a mobile phone all you need to do is just get in touch with a network and ask for a e sim plan for a watch.
0 Likes
Solution
peterskoi
Pioneer
Options
Forgot to say if they have a mobile phone on contract and the mobile phone has a e sim, the watch will not work as there has to be a sim card and e sim. You can't have two e sims on one mobile contract. I had this issue with Vodafone last year.
0 Likes
CYL
First Poster
Options

Thanks Peter, so does that mean that all I have to do is try my luck again with the my local phone stores Vodafone/2Degrees/Spark and advise them I need a e sim for the watches. 

Do you think it will be an issue if I buy the watches from Korea and use them in NZ, we are on holiday at the moment here. Is there a way to check, would it be contacting Samsung NZ or Samsung Korea?

0 Likes
peterskoi
Pioneer
Options
Should be OK, I know if we do it in uk all works but Samsung pay. Just remember EID number on each watch and make sure they put it down right so write it down and double check. For each watch.
0 Likes
Solution
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Also remember that the warranty will only be honoured and valid in the country it was brought in

0 Likes