Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heart rate tracking bug Galaxy watch 4

(Topic created on: 02-09-2021 05:31 PM)
LaurenceGough
Pioneer
Options

Hello,

My question to Samsung is why did you release a device (Galaxy watch 4) with heart rate tracking bugs?

If I try to track a cycle ride, which by the way doesn't auto track like £20 fitness trackers can. Heart rate tracking will only work for the first minute or two then it will fail to track for the rest of the duration of the ride, even if it is hours.

Yes, the sensor is clean, on on clean skin yes it is not on a tattoo, yes it is tight and not wobbling or moving at all.

If this isn't fixed within the next few weeks it'll be returned back to the store as faulty - and I'm sure many others will.

Samsung, you need to buy a £20 fitness tracker and just look at how much better it is than the Galaxy Watch 4 that you sell at around 15x the price.

This is such a serious fault, it should not be sold in its current state.

19 REPLIES 19
LionBerks
Pioneer
Options
Hi, sorry to hear you are having these issues. I usually walk a few miles every day and also work out at the gym and haven't had any issues with the heart rate tracking or exercise detection (there is a slight delay with detection). Have you activated constant heart rate tracking in the Samsung Health app settings in the watch?
0 Likes
Ang144
Pioneer
Options
I agree, same as the stress tracking ain't great, very disappointed, thinking too of returning the watch. My active 2 was amazing 👏
0 Likes
Judit Papp
Apprentice
Options

I have similar issues. I had a galaxy watch active previously and it did the same as the watch 4 does now. During workout it loses the heart rate for a couple of minutes. The watch is fitted well, up to date, continous heart rate is on. I am very disappointed. If it is not fixed in a couple of days, I will return the watch. 

LaurenceGough
Pioneer
Options

Looks like this app called "Health Services" updated from the play store on the watch does quite a bit. Interesting read for fellow technies. I hope this fixes the issue as it sounds quite a low level service new to WearOS 3.

developer.android.com/tra…ces

I will report back if I have the problem again. I hope this fixes it.

PS constant heart rate tracking setting will have no impact on this at all as the issue I'm having is during a workout where the HR sensor is always active but thank you.

0 Likes
Judit Papp
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for the tip, I updated it as well, hope it solves it. I will have a couple of tries.

0 Likes
LionBerks
Pioneer
Options
There is also a new version of the watch 4 software released today which includes various improvements, including Samsung Health being added to main options and volume control from the quick menu options. I also see that it includes improvements related to cycling.
0 Likes
LaurenceGough
Pioneer
Options

This one has been out for a little while.  SW ending U1BUH9 right? Well it was meant to include all of the functions you mentioned, I think in terms of cycling it was meant to resolve some calorie tracking issues with cycling.

I will give it another go over next few days and report back when I get a chance, hopefully all is fixed now long term.  Today it was fine with walking, but quite often it did go to -- which means no HR detected but it overall it didn't get stuck off so that's good news.

Thank you

0 Likes
LionBerks
Pioneer
Options
Hi, yes that's the update. For some reason it was only available today for me so they were probably releasing early to some people.
0 Likes
Judit Papp
Apprentice
Options

I was having issues with the software version you just mentioned U1BUH9. I got the update from the start and updated it right away.

0 Likes