Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heart rate monitor issues with Gear fit 2 pro

(Topic created on: 03-05-2018 12:17 PM)
anarita-ribeiro
Journeyman
Options

I've been experiencing some issues with my gear fit 2 pro heart rate during exercices, especially inconsistency in heart rate monitor during "other workout". With gear fit 2 I had no problems, but since I upgraded, I haven't had a clear reading and I've been using my gear fit 2 pro for more than a month now.

For exemple (using Samsung health app), with gear fit 2 I would get peaks of 200 or more during exercice and now the peak I get is around 180. Also, during workout, sometimes the band vibrates as if not able to measure heart rate.  I also get a flat line  at 180, for exemple, of two or more minutes in the workout graph which I think is should not happen.

When I use the UA record app to record my session, my heart rate graph has some grey zones (as if not able to measure heart rate) and I also feel  band vibrat on my wrist. Someone with the same issues?!  Smiley Sad

under_armour_record.jpgsamsung_health.jpg

64 REPLIES 64
Gav33
Apprentice
Options

Unfortunately, it didn't. I did the update but I still get the same HR drop outs. 

rayfloydcabrera
First Poster
Options

i purchased a gear fit 2 pro last march 24 because my gf2 got lcd problem ( it was already refunded by the seller where i purchased it).

now after 1 month of perfect use of the gear fit 2 pro i suddenly get notification to update the firmware. i did click the FW update just today (25April) and all the sensors are no longer working after the FW update. really bad to know that the FW ruin my watch. i tried to factory reset but still it wont work...

common issue and samsung need to address. the product is really good and i believe they should fix it soon.

0 Likes
John420
Journeyman
Options

After the update mine only tracks HR when I'm not working out. As soon as I start a workout HR stops tracking so it shows I ran 4 miles and burned 79 calories and no heart rate. Need this fixed or moving to something other than samsung

L1ng
Journeyman
Options

I am now getting the same issue - I am hopefully that Samsung will address this fairly soon with another software update.

Davare
First Poster
Options

Same issue here.

It stops working after app. 10 mins ... then I might get a reading after 30 mins or so ... but then it stops again =(

This is not ok !

PLEASE FIX !!!

effn
First Poster
Options
Ditto. Hope it gets resolved soon
0 Likes
John420
Journeyman
Options

This morning my at rest HR was 180's after checking several times. Go running and it would peak at 120 so I'm guessing I'll burn more calories at rest? Haha this thing isn't very reliable 

0 Likes
John420
Journeyman
Options
Any chance Samsung can reply to these problems?
MrChoco88
First Poster
Options

This is exactly what happened to me. Loved my gear but after the last update its been malfuntioning. It tracks my sports workouts for a couple of hours yet it gets stuck at 82 calories AND it depletes my battery so much faster now.

0 Likes
John420
Journeyman
Options

Another workout with this ***** watch! Measured my HR before I started to ensure it was working. Step out the door for a 4 mile run and it didn't measure any HR until I came back in and sat down.  During the run it shows I had no HR. This thing is junk. On top of that the GPS is very inaccurate too. Run the same path every day and calculates 3.85, 4.1, 4.3 and 2 miles on one occasion. Horrible product. I'd return it if I could 

0 Likes