Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heart Rate Alarm

(Topic created on: 20-04-2023 03:37 PM)
ljh144
Apprentice
Options
I have the galaxy watch 5 and looking for an app that will let me set a heart rate alarm.  This is for training not resting,  which I know is possible.

I use to have the active 2 watch and used an app from the store but this doesn't seem to work on the 5.
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
Mouse7
Pathfinder
Options
You can use the Samsung Health app to set a heart rate alarm,
Open Samsung Health and under settings select Heart rate alert and you can set high and low alerts.
zaho1
First Poster
Options

do you mean during workout?

is it possible?

0 Likes
ljh144
Apprentice
Options
Samsung Health heart rate alert doesn't help if you are training. Your heart rate has to stay above your maximum for 10 minutes before you get an alert. I would like to set my aerobic range for training purposes.
0 Likes
Sophie W
First Poster
Options

I also need an alert (e.g. watch vibrating) as soon as my heart rate goes above the set "High HR" value (not after staying there for 10 minutes). I am continuously measuring my heart rate with my watch and need this alert any time of day (not only for workouts or when resting).

I actually bought my Samsung Watch5 for exactly this purpose. Unfortunatelly I also haven't found any other apps that work with the watch who can provide me with this feature.

0 Likes
zaho1
First Poster
Options

any good news?

maybe AI can help us out? 🤷

0 Likes
ljh144
Apprentice
Options
I have found an app that allows you to set maximum and low heart whilst training. It's called heart rate alert I think I had to pay for it. It only vibrates would be nice if it made a sound but it does the job.
AlexCarvalho
First Poster
Options

The app Heart Rate Alert works indeed! I have bought the Galaxy Watch 5 Pro exactly for the purpose of monitoring my heart rate during exercise and was really disappointed to learn that this feature didn't come with the watch. Thanks ljh144 for saving my day.

0 Likes