Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GWA Stuck on Touch the screen with your palm to turn it off

(Topic created on: 21-07-2022 01:00 AM)
nigelw
Student
Options

I've had the GWA for some time and it's been working fine. Recently the touch screen has become unreliable, and I started getting phantom touches yesterday. So I reset the watch.

When it restarted it brings up the tour on swiping left, right, down, button etc I cannot get past the Touch the screen with your palm to turn it off. No matter how many times I try covering screen with my entire hand, it never goes off and the tour overlay returns.

Any idea how to clear this? Cannot find any solution on the Wear app either.

#GWA

4 REPLIES 4
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
Does this help

Palm - Turn Screen Rotation On / Off

From a Home screen, touch and swipe up to display all apps.

Navigate: Settings. Accessibility. .

Tap the Auto-rotate screen switch. to turn on or off
0 Likes
nigelw
Student
Options

Sorry, don't understand what "Palm - Turn Screen Rotation On / Off" is.

I've restarted watch several times, I can only get through the first few steps of the tour when I enable the touch bezel. The touch screen with palm remains, no matter how often or long I cover the screen.

Accessibility in the Wear app does not have an auto rotate option.

0 Likes
JenFz
First Poster
Options

Were you able to resolve this issue? I'm facing the same problem now, have read countless message boards, and cannot clear this this either. 

0 Likes
Atensly
First Poster
Options

I have had the Galaxy Watch Active 2 since  last year. The watch reset it for no apparent reason and now I cannot get past the touch the screen with your palm to turn it off. No matter how many times I try. Please help

0 Likes