Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

GW3: Unable to download Female English UK Text-to-Speech

(Topic created on: 01-01-2021 10:44 PM)
alal
Pathfinder
Options

Hi,

I am not able to download on my Galaxy Watch 3 the TTS English UK female voice. When I click the download button nothing happens. Tried to reset my watch and still can't download it.

I have no issues when download the male voice, just the female one. Anyone ever ran into this?

Any ideas?

Thanks.

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12
alal
Pathfinder
Options

Anyone with a Galaxy Watch 3 that can try please?

Go to options - General - text-to-speech - install voice data and select english (uk) female.

Can you download it?

Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
Members_Il2K553
Student
Options

Same thing has been bugging me to death for weeks on my Galaxy Watch Active 2. Hitting the download 'UK English female' voice on the watch or the phone app does nothing. It just hangs a second then asks if you want to download. Really hope someone can solve this 

0 Likes
mhkc
First Poster
Options
I'm having the same problem with my Galaxy Watch 3. Managed to download the male voice ok, but it keeps going back to the download option for the female voice - English (UK). Hoping Samsung read these threads and a software update might fix it.... 🤞
0 Likes
Meddower
Student
Options

I am also having the same issue. Unable to download the English UK Female text-to-speech on either the watch or the app.

0 Likes
Solution
alal
Pathfinder
Options
Found a solution!

Reset your watch and once it shows you the initial screen to pair with your phone, select that you want to use the watch as standalone (not paired to the phone).
Setup your watch, connect to WiFi if not using the LTE version and download the English UK Female voice from the watch - general - text-to-speech menu. Once all done, pair your watch with your phone (you don't need to reset the watch at this stage).

Let me know if this works for you!
Meddower
Student
Options

Hi Alal,

Thank you for you suggestion. I am pleased to say that this has worked successfully.

Excellent!

Thanks again,

Regards

AntS
Options

Cheers @alal! I've marked your post as the solution - hopefully it will help other folks too! 😎:thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

0 Likes
alal
Pathfinder
Options

Glad it worked for you too! Cheers! 

0 Likes
Members_Il2K553
Student
Options

Thank you 👍🏻

Tried absolutely everything before the dreaded reset but nothing worked. This was bit painful to do for such a simple thing but it was worth it after it bugging me for so long. At last I can go out running and not have that annoying Male voice speaking my stats every mile 😂