Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grrr... @Samsung sales support for Galaxy Watch 5 Pro is useless!

(Topic created on: 04-09-2022 06:08 AM)
Albee
Pioneer
Options

Having just bought a Z fold 4 and a Watch 5 Pro direct from @Samsung I was then looking to add some accessories. I wanted to get some protection for the Zfold screen, the watch and add a new strap. I used a text chat with a Samsung sales support person yesterday. A gentlemen called Aldrin who confirmed the following.

‎3:48 PM Me: So, just to confirm that the GP-TYR915HCABW on your web site will fit a Galaxy Watch 5 Pro ?
When I say fit, I do mean fit as per the strap that came with my new watch

‎3:49 PM Aldrin : Yes this item will fits on that watch 5 pro.

It doesn't! 

I've already installed (onto my devices) the other 2 items in the same order order. The watch strap DIDN'T FIT and so I called the shop to return the strap. Apparently (although Samsung admit they are the cause of the problem) they currently only accept full return of my order.

I am awaiting an alternate resolution as the screen protector and watch protector are, as I mentioned, already fitted and can't be returned. Failing this I will have no option but to escalate.

So VERY annoying!!!!! Be warned that the Samsung text support team obviously doesn't know whet they're talking about!

p.s. We in our family have, and have had, many, many Samsung devices, phones. tablets watches etc. Definitely tarnishes the experience.

3 REPLIES 3
Reg Danny
Explorer
Options
Aldrin may have made a mistake. It happens, he is only human.

After a very quick search you can clearly see GP-TYR915HCABW is made to fit the watch4 and watch5 but not the watch5 pro. Watch5 pro requires a 45mm strap, the one you are looking at is 44mm.

It is all clearly stated on their Web page. Looks like you have made a mistake aswell as Mr Aldrin.

Return the strap and purchase the correct one. You will be complaining to no end if you try to escalate. Good luck though.
Albee
Pioneer
Options

Thanks for your comment Reg. I did indeed look at the description which is why I wanted to confirm that it did or did not fit as this appears to be the only metallic strap under £100 for any of their watches.

They have allowed me to send it back (without the other items) and allegedly will credit me the value of the strap. Have sent the strap back and await the credit so that I can buy something else.

I also added the following BTW

3:45 PM OK thanks. I heard that the 5 Pro was 45mm (vs 44 for the Watch 5 and Watch 4) but didn't know if that affected the straps they could use
‎3:46 PM The strap will fits on that watch as long as they have the same size.
3:48 PM So, just to confirm that the GP-TYR915HCABW on your web site will fit a Galaxy Watch 5 Pro ? When I say fit, I do mean fit as per the strap that came with my new watch
‎3:49 PM Yes this item will fits on that watch 5 pro.

0 Likes
Albee
Pioneer
Options

Problem solved, but not without a LOT of hassle. Finally Samsung provided me with a 'new' voucher which should have been a default action when returning something that was partially paid for with vouchers. 

0 Likes