Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPS results Active 2 are not shown in Samsung Health

(Topic created on: 29-12-2019 11:02 AM)
KE0910
Apprentice
Options

I recently bought the Samsung Active 2 Watch, and on the watch itself everything works fine. But the problem is that the GPS results of my run/walk are not shown in the samsung health app. All the other data is synchronized, except for the GPS. I did not take my phone with me on the run, could that be the problem? Because that would seem weird as the watch has its own gps function. Did anyone experience this problem as well? And knows how to fix this?

I added some pictures below, of what I can see on my watch and what I can see on my phone.

Screen_20191229_102155.pngScreenshot_20191229-115838_Samsung Health.jpg

9 REPLIES 9
gmincca
Journeyman
Options

Hi,

How are you getting that map on your watch?? I'm intrigued cos there is no map on mine.

If I manually start a hike or run on the watch, with watch location on and auto start with activities, then the log on the Health App on the phone has a map. Any activity autodetected by the watch has no map on watch or phone.

0 Likes
KE0910
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

I also do not get it when an activity is autodetected. I only get this map when I manually start a running training on my watch.

0 Likes
KellyT
First Poster
Options

I have exactly the same problem. Have a map on my watch but not in the app.

Did you find a solution? 

0 Likes
BenV
First Poster
Options

Also curious about this; I have the same problem and it is disppointing to put it kindly.

I have never succeeded in getting map data tracked unless I have both taken my phone with me AND used a running app while doing so. That kind of defeats the purpose of having a watch with GPS and running tracker apps.

I want to be able to use S Health via my watch, and use S Health after the fact to see my track. Right now this is because I'm pretty sure the distance my watch reports is ~5% off.

0 Likes
KE0910
Apprentice
Options

Hi! I don't know if it is the solution, but I changed my location settings for during the run to high location precision. I read somewhere that this helped sometimes. For me it did work out, because now the map is shown on my watch and my Samsung health app afterwards.

0 Likes
KE0910
Apprentice
Options
0 Likes
B9RRT
First Poster
Options

Hi not sure if you solved this but I had the same issue. I gave the Samsung health app access to storage aswell as location and it works. It didn't have access to storage before so I guess it couldn't save the data?

0 Likes
Romeon2t
Journeyman
Options

Hi,

My Active 2 does not even show the mapping.

What function do you use to show Map Route on Active 2?

0 Likes
dalejlogan
Student
Options

The Samsung health app on my active watch 2 has granted permissions to everything eligible (storage, GPS and sensors) and my location setting is set to GPS and wireless yet I'm still not able to see a map of my run or GPS data in the samsung health app after i manually log my run (it's not autodetected). However, I used to be able to see GPS data and the only thing I can think of that's changed is an app called HealthSync which I use to sync data from samsung health to Google fit, and then from there to the Oura app. 

0 Likes