Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPS Issues!!!

(Topic created on: 25-02-2024 07:55 PM)
JimboWilko
First Poster
Options
I have recently got into running. I wear a Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro, no phone connected whilst running.

The last say six to seven times I have been out, the GPS has been incredibly wobbly and inaccurate.

I have attached some photos for you to observe.

Anyone else had this issue? If so, can anyone lend their knowledge on how to fix this.

Thank you in advance 🙂👌

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
UNKNOWNUSERNAME
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
How do i access this? i have a watch 5. Also does it have to be manually started?
0 Likes
JimboWilko
First Poster
Options
The screenshots are from the Samsung Health app, which comes native with the phone and the watch. You can manually assign workouts on the watch before you conduct them, otherwise yes it will automatically record any activity depending on your settings
0 Likes
UNKNOWNUSERNAME
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Thank you🙌
0 Likes
Members_UC7N8j9
First Poster
Options

The GPS signals recently are weak and often the receivers, my galaxy ultra phone / watch6 47mm often drop out and wander until locking back on to a sat signal. 

Mostly I pin drop my home location some 10 meters away say once per month from actual  and often that all kicks back into action. Also reset your watch as often Cache builds up which masks the efficiency of the GPS data flow.

The thing is GPS needs recalibration on a regular basis to maintain some forM of accuracy as we are spinning through the Galaxy (no oun intended) at 1000 mph!!

0 Likes
JimboWilko
First Poster
Options
Ahh brilliant, resetting is something i haven't tried yet. Cache build up makes sense. I will report if it resolves the issue. Thank you mate 👍
0 Likes
JimboWilko
First Poster
Options
The latest attempt from this morning. My friends one is smooth and squeaky clean, then mine looks like it's been drawn by a one year old 😂20240302_150037_1000036337_1709391638.jpg20240302_150050_1000036338_1709391650.jpg
0 Likes