Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

google play store does not open on galaxy watch 4

(Topic created on: 15-06-2022 11:35 AM)
sevec
Apprentice
Options

Hello,

when I press Google play icon on galaxy watch 4, the store does not open. After second of spinning the screen returns back to apps without any error message.

What can I do to get into the store?

14 REPLIES 14
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
This page maybe helpful

Download Apps from the Google PlayStore on the Galaxy Watch4

https://www.samsung.com/au/support/mobile-devices/download-apps-on-galaxy-watch4/
0 Likes
sevec
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

maybe you didn't read my question. I cannot open the store. When I tap on Google PlayStore icon, nothing happens. The store does not open.

Thank you!

AndrewL
Options

@sevec: Please can you try opening the Galaxy Wearable app on your connected phone > Watch Settings > Account and Backup > Google Account, then follow the on screen instructions to copy the Google account from the phone to your watch. If the problem persists, make sure the Watch is on the latest software by heading to Settings > Software Update on the watch itself, or Watch Settings > Watch Software Update in the Wearable app. 

Philippe Losfeld
First Poster
Options

@AndrewL wrote:

@sevec: Please can you try opening the Galaxy Wearable app on your connected phone > Watch Settings > Account and Backup > Google Account, then follow the on screen instructions to copy the Google account from the phone to your watch. If the problem persists, make sure the Watch is on the latest software by heading to Settings > Software Update on the watch itself, or Watch Settings > Watch Software Update in the Wearable app. 

You look like you can help me. I just got my galaxy watch 4 classic and I literally don't have google play store on my watch. Also, on my app samsung Wearable, when I go in Account, the only option is samsung account, there's no Google account and I think that would be a cause. Do you have an idea cause I'm about to return my watch?

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

How strange @Philippe Losfeld as the Google Play Store is installed by default on the watch. Can I ask where did you get the Watch4 Classic from and if this was brand new or refurbished? Have you tried the steps mentioned by @AndrewL ?

0 Likes
Philippe Losfeld
First Poster
Options

My watch is refurbished and I've tried to do the steps mentionned by Andrew, but, in account and backup, in my phone and on my watch, the only option there is samsung account. There's no Google account option or whatever.

0 Likes
sevec
Apprentice
Options

Hello, my Google account was already present in the watch. However, I removed it and re-added it (as you wrote), just to be sure.

The Google play does not open. 

I tried to update the watch, it says it is up to date. Version R865FXXU1DUJA/R865FOXA1DUJA/R865FXXU1DUJA.

For a better demonstration, I'm attaching a video of what happens when I click on the Google play icon. https://1drv.ms/v/s!AkdCtKLDbkLBjKMrc8oj_1pb0kzmZw?e=Qsyoib

Members_QA8XKUw
First Poster
Options

Im going thru the same exact issue as the post with the video footage. What gives? This issue makes this watch a junk from the '90.

Blalock79
First Poster
Options

I have this same issue... no Play Store or any other Google services on my Watch 4.  Did you ever find a solution for this?  I've contacted Support and after an hour of chatting and getting nowhere, they assigned me a Ticket # and said I'd receive a response within 48 hrs.  That was 8 days ago!  

0 Likes