Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Pay on galaxy watch 4 not working

(Topic created on: 26-11-2021 12:08 PM)
daribeiro
Pioneer
Options
Hello there! 

I have a Galaxy Watch 4 and I used to be able to use Google pay on it with no issues, but since I got into the Android 12 Beta program Google pay has not been working. I thought once updating to the official version that it would start working, but that was only the case on my phone. I can't seem to be able to set it up on my watch. The app prompts me to make it my default tap to pay app but when I go to setting there is only the option for Samsung Pay... 

Anyone knows how to fix this? 
44 REPLIES 44
sempron79
Explorer
Options

I've tried the suggested steps, unfortunately in my case no success - see the attached pictures, Gpay application has installed successfully, but when I open Gpay, it always redirects me to set it as default application, and there I cannot select Gpay since it doesn't exist (only Samsung application is there) - same old story. 

I hope Samsung vendor will deliver a fix for this software bug. Of course, if they care about their customers.

The CSC of my watch is R875FOXA1DUJA, maybe the firmware is slightly different compared with eliko1's watch.20220109_220429.jpg

20220109_220435.jpg

20220109_220443.jpg

0 Likes
Yan21
Apprentice
Options

Hello. Did you find a fix? I have the same problem, GPay works fine on my phone, installs on my watch but I can't set to default. Thanks

sempron79
Explorer
Options

Hi,

unfortunately, I didn't find any solution about this problem. I also contacted Google Pay support team, but I haven't received any fix so far.

0 Likes
gmanessiotis
Apprentice
Options

No luck from my side, either. I tried again all steps (reset - new installation of GPay) but the problem persists. Only Samsung Pay shows up in default payment methods and GPay refuses to open unless it is the default payment method.

0 Likes
Ziv876
First Poster
Options

Anyone found a solution yet?

I have one plus 8 phone.

Wondering if that's the problem. 

0 Likes
Yan21
Apprentice
Options

Frustratingly, I've not found a solution yet. I'm also using a OnePlus Pro8 phone connected to Samsung watch 4.

0 Likes
Ziv876
First Poster
Options

Well I have a feeling is has something to do with the oxygen is since all 3 of us using one plus phones

0 Likes
Ziv876
First Poster
Options

Oxygen os*

0 Likes
svanheste
First Poster
Options

Same problem here. Only samsung pay is an option in NFC settings, even though Google Pay added support for my country (Netherlands), and I can go through all of the other steps 😞

0 Likes
Yan21
Apprentice
Options

Is your phone also a OnePlus?

0 Likes