Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Pay Issue

(Topic created on: 15-01-2022 10:01 PM)
JordanVAS
First Poster
Options

I just bought a Samsung Galaxy Watch 4. Installed Google Pay, inserted my card details and enabled NFC. According to forums, I also have to choose google pay as the default paying option from the settings, but the only option available that exists is samsung pay, even thought I have installed google pay. 

What should I do?

I also tried factory resetting once and it didnt work.

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
Beth_S
Pathfinder
Options

Hey @JordanVAS!

Can you try downloading the Google Pay app from the Google Play Store and see if this works instead?

0 Likes
catlady
Pioneer
Options
Download Google pay from play store app....I did mine that way
0 Likes
gmanessiotis
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

I have the exact same issue. I downloaded Google Pay from the Play Store on the watch, was prompted to enter my card on my phone and card was successfully entered (show it's picture on the watch for a couple of seconds). Then I get the message "Set Google Pay as your payment default to make contactless payments" every time I try to run Google Pay. But the only option available is "Samsung Pay"...

Any ideas? 

My phone is a Galaxy S10+ and Google Pay is perfectly working on it with three cards.

Another strange thing that I should mention is when I installed Google Pay on the watch and was prompted to enter the card, the screen on the phone did not include all cards existing in phone's Google Pay.

Kind regards,

George

0 Likes
debugger1
First Poster
Options

I am struggling with this exact same issue. I have added my card, but when I open Google pay on my phone it just prompts me to set it as the default payment app. But I can only see Samsung pay when attempting to do so.

Have you figured out a way to solve this yet?

0 Likes
debugger1
First Poster
Options

You are describing my exact issue! I have tried everything, even chatted with Google support but I am still stuck. Have you found a way around this yet?

0 Likes
doc_chazz
Student
Options

Hey guys - maybe if we all retweet this issue on Twitter we may get some attention from Samsung. You can share my tweet on the issue here: https://twitter.com/doc_ohad/status/1487009232629248000

0 Likes