Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Pay and Samsung Watch 5 Pro

(Topic created on: 18-09-2022 04:19 PM)
Patriko77
Explorer
Options

Hello.
I installed a Google Wallet on my watch. After launching the application, I get the message "Set Google Pay as my default payment method for contactless payments". The problem is that when I enter the "Payment" settings, I have only one option "Samsung Pay". I have seen some videos on Youtube but there is always a choice between Google Pay and Samsung Pay. I only have Samsung Pay. Everything works fine on my phone and I have Google Pay set up.
Anyone can help on this topic?

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
GusB
Big Cheese
Options
A couple of things to check:

- have you put a security lock on your watch ?
- to make sure I understand, you have swiped down from main screen, turned on NFC, then long press to open NFC settings, select payment and no Google pay / Google wallet ?
- launched Google wallet and gone through the set up
- restart watch

Apologies if you've done all these things already.
Patriko77
Explorer
Options

Hi,

Yes, I've done all these things.

to make sure I understand, you have swiped down from main screen, turned on NFC, then long press to open NFC settings, select payment and no Google pay / Google wallet ? - Exactly

I've downloaded Google Wallet and opened it.

I've added a card and set up everything (incl. the code which I got from the bank). 

When I open the Wallet app I can see the info "Set Google Pay as a default payment method for contactless payments". When I tap Payment there I have  Samsung Pay only.

When I go to Watch Settings/Connections/NFC/Payment there is only Samsung Pay as well.

The Wallet app was Installed/uninstalled a couple of times.

0 Likes
Dyuile
First Poster
Options

I have installed Google wallet ony galaxy 5 but keep getting this error when I try to set up a card on it. Wallet works fine on my pixel 6 and I have signed in and out of my Google account many times

Screenshot_20220924-085000.png

It sometimes also comes up with authentication failed on the watch when I try to open the wallet.

Any ideas as I have tried most like re installing, restarting, etc

0 Likes
ATorotadze
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue, have you found any solution?

0 Likes
Patriko77
Explorer
Options
No. I gave up.
0 Likes