Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Assistant on Galaxy Buds Live ??

(Topic created on: 06-08-2020 07:44 PM)
fredphoesh
Navigator
Options

Hello peeps,

I will never use Bixby, so it's a deal breaker, if the Buds Live do not support Google Assistant, I will get other buds.

Does anyone here know? I have searched online but not found definitive answers.

Thanks,

Mark

6 REPLIES 6
Heartrem
Journeyman
Options

Sirry i dont have the answer but this is my exact problem if i cant use G assistant the way i use it on buds plus then im not buying them.

0 Likes
Tru43
First Poster
Options

If you see This review at 5:31 the Wearable app has an option for Voice Assistant, instead of Bixby.

In this Post the person confirmed that it is possible to do for the buds+ by removing Bixby as the default. The post says you get the same option as in the video after removing the default setting.

So I would assume that the same applies for buds live, especially after looking at the screenshot from the review. Samsung probably has to do it because non-samsung phones don't have Bixby and they still need to support assistant for them.

Anyway, I'm waiting for my buds live to arrive so I am hoping my findings are true. Hope this helped

0 Likes
fredphoesh
Navigator
Options

Hi there,

Thanks, he does say "Voice Assistant" which would be Bixby by default...

But I hope you're right, that Samsung have to cater for non Samsung phone owners.

I'm getting mine free with the note 20 ultra, but am debating whether to keep it brand new and sell it to get pixel buds. I love Google Assistant, and would love to be able to just talk to it, without having to prod my ear :winking-face:

I haven't seen any audio quality comparitive reviews yet, that would probably determine which pair I keep... and then there's the /Sony, excellent audio, but I don't think Assistant is live, you have to press something.

Cheers mate

Mark

0 Likes
Tru43
First Poster
Options

Hi,

I got mine in the mail today. I can confirm you can set google assistant as the long press option.

You cannot do the "Hey Google" thing since it only supports always on for Bixby.

Long pressing brings up Google assistant but it is kinda unpolished. It beeps two seconds after you press and hold, then listens for a bit too long. Basically it is pretty slow. Definitely does not work as well as it does on other headphones made for google assistant.

On the upside, they feel very comfy and sound really good too. ANC is decent, it killed the sound of my fan but I could still hear my Roomba.

0 Likes
Sjjlee
First Poster
Options

Where is the setting for this? I can't for the life of me find it

0 Likes
HTclub44
Journeyman
Options
it does support the always on voice activation in the device assistance app then press the gear, taking you to the assistant settings, where you find "recording with Bluetooth headset" or something like that.
can you tell me where you saw the person who changed the long press on the buds+ to Google, as I can't
0 Likes