Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google assistant can't find watch

(Topic created on: 27-12-2022 09:57 PM)
Potshot2k4
Pathfinder
Options
I have installed and updated google assistant on my watch, and then when I open it , it asks to complete set up on phone. The phone loads the screen to get assistant connected and then says can't connect to watch.  Has anyone else had this issue? Bluetooth is enabled and I'm connected to watch this way

38 REPLIES 38
Enterfrize
Apprentice
Options

Solution above.

0 Likes
Mamelush
First Poster
Options

Thanks for your suggestion. However, I've only use one google account in my life and it is configured both on my watch and my phone :'(

0 Likes
Enterfrize
Apprentice
Options

Visit the Google Play store through the website (not the app).  Log in through the store.  Verify that the Google Assistant is indeed installed or recognized as installed by the Google Play store on the website.  If it asks you to install it - install it.  Leave nothing to chance.  Good luck.

0 Likes
Mamelush
First Poster
Options

Unfortunatly, assistant is installed on both sides (verified on the store website and via the Google play store app...). Any other suggestion is welcome

0 Likes
0STAGE
Journeyman
Options

Installing Google assistant and making sure that was using the same account from the watch worked for me! thank you

0 Likes
willjoe
Explorer
Options

Make sure that your watch and Android device are close to each other and paired through Bluetooth. To check your connection, from your watch's settings, use Find My Phone. If your phone rings, it means that you have a good connection.

Regards,

Will

0 Likes
Gawtham
First Poster
Options

Go to playstore. Scroll down below and find manage apps. You will find it there to be updated. Once updated you can set it up 

0 Likes
Gawtham
First Poster
Options

Go to manage apps and you will find assistant there. Do an update on it and it will be available 

0 Likes
EMikolay
First Poster
Options

After an hour of troubleshooting, I found a solution that worked for me! First, if you already have assistant downloaded and updated on your galaxy watch, revert the update.

Then, on a phone or computer, search "Google play store" and in the Google search results, click directly on "sign in". If you're on your phone, make sure it opens in chrome and not your play store app. This is what the screen should look like on your phone (idk what it looks like on computer):

Screenshot_20221227-155316.png

Then, search "Assistant". Two versions should come up: Google Assistant and Assistant, both are made by Google LLC. Tap on the second one, which should have a picture of a watch. Click "install on devices" or whatever it says and select your watch.

When it's done downloading to your watch, open it on your watch and set it up like normal. It'll bring up the same thing in your screenshots but it SHOULD successfully connect.

If that was too confusing let me know and I'd be happy to explain it better. I hope this solution works for you and everyone else who needs it!

Happy Holidays and a Happy New Year! 😄

0 Likes