Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google assistant can't find watch

(Topic created on: 29-05-2022 12:58 PM)
Potshot2k4
Pathfinder
Options
I have installed and updated google assistant on my watch, and then when I open it , it asks to complete set up on phone. The phone loads the screen to get assistant connected and then says can't connect to watch.  Has anyone else had this issue? Bluetooth is enabled and I'm connected to watch this way

38 REPLIES 38
Blessed4life
Black Belt 
Options
Hi, did you make sure that the watch is connected before to tried activating google assistant?
Potshot2k4
Pathfinder
Options
Hi, yes it was already connected. Tried reinstalling on both devices as well but no joy.
Potshot2k4
Pathfinder
Options
I have done all that. It seems to be hanging on the screen I've screenshotted. I've even sorted my friends watch and his worked 1st time but I've tried mine at least 30 times and it fails
Potshot2k4
Pathfinder
Options
Had to bite the bullet and reset the watch and its worked 1st time!
Narnargoon
First Poster
Options

Same issue here

NomadNYC
First Poster
Options

Same problem here. The watch is obviously connected. Otherwise, your watch wouldn't be able to activate the Google Assistant app on your phone during installation. Just to verify, I even used the Find My Phone function on the watch and sure enough, the phone rang. And yes, every other Bluetooth related app communicates just fine, e.g. Samsung Health. So clearly, the watch is connected to my phone through Bluetooth and the error message is wrong.

This is a known bug. If you search on it, you'll find many complaints but still no official acknowledgement from Samsung or Google. I've tried all suggested solutions, e.g. resetting and reinstallations, but nothing has worked.

Blessed4life
Black Belt 
Options
(Off topic)
There's always one, condescending person acting like they are above the rest, even when they know all your trying to do is help.
Ahhhh I feel better now I've got that off my chest 😌
Blessed4life
Black Belt 
Options
Glad to know you got there in the end.
BryguyF
Apprentice
Options

Ditto. I tried all that too and it still won't connect. Glad to know I'm not unique.  I guess the best thing to do is to wait for an official statement from Samsung and see if there is an update that fixes everything.