Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Google Account failing to copy to new Galaxy Watch 4 Classic 4G -- unusable

(Topic created on: 04-09-2021 05:42 PM)
vittorioromeo
Journeyman
Options

Hello, I just got a new Galaxy Watch 4 Classic 4G (purchased in the UK) but I am having trouble copying my Google account to it. My phone is a S20 Ultra 5G (purchased in Hong Kong, SM-G9880)

In the Galaxy Wearable app, After the *"Copying your accounts..."* screen I get a *"Couldn't copy your Google accounts"* error without any extra context or information.

I have tried resetting my watch, clearing app cache/data from the Galaxy Wearable app, and restarting my phone. I have not attempted a factory reset of my phone as I don't really want to do that unless strictly necessary.

I have contacted Samsung UK support and I've been told that one of the reasons this is not working might be the lack of the "Google Mobile Services" app from my phone, as it does not appear on the list of system apps:

> we highly recommend reaching our designated support team in Samsung Hong Kong so that they can also fully check if you can install/download Google Mobile Service (GMS) as this is one of the requirements for you to be able to fully use your mobile phone with your Galaxy Watch4 Classic

I could not find a way to get that installed on my phone, and I am not convinced this is the culprit anyway.

Things I've tried so far:

- Made sure my phone was fully updated
- Remove cache and data from Galaxy Wearable, Google, Google Play Services app
- Remove 2FA from Google Account
- Reset watch from the watch itself, in the recovery menu
- Restart my phone

Could someone help?

0 Likes
Go to solution
25 REPLIES 25
Atrak
First Poster
Options

Hi. None of the above-said solution worked for me. I resetted the watch several times, cleared the cash, and etc. for more than ten times, but none worked. however, I managed to resolve it by starting my vpn app, connecting to a Canadian server, and then trying to add my google account. this solution worked. and I am happy.

0 Likes
Two_Foot_Tony
First Poster
Options

I forgot to turn off wi-fi on may phone and watch when trying to use apps on my watch! Cost me 3 resets and a lot of annoyance. Great post, worked a treat. 

0 Likes
hlwong2020
Student
Options

It works. Tried many other methods but not working. After diabling the WIFI then OK for me

0 Likes
hlwong2020
Student
Options

It works. Tried many other methods but not working. After disabling the WIFI then OK for me

0 Likes
EErfan
First Poster
Options

thanks.

It worked.

0 Likes
First Poster
Options

I am having the same trouble I was told to update my account  i did that  no luck

0 Likes