Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Google Account failing to copy to new Galaxy Watch 4 Classic 4G -- unusable

(Topic created on: 04-01-2022 11:08 AM)
vittorioromeo
Journeyman
Options

Hello, I just got a new Galaxy Watch 4 Classic 4G (purchased in the UK) but I am having trouble copying my Google account to it. My phone is a S20 Ultra 5G (purchased in Hong Kong, SM-G9880)

In the Galaxy Wearable app, After the *"Copying your accounts..."* screen I get a *"Couldn't copy your Google accounts"* error without any extra context or information.

I have tried resetting my watch, clearing app cache/data from the Galaxy Wearable app, and restarting my phone. I have not attempted a factory reset of my phone as I don't really want to do that unless strictly necessary.

I have contacted Samsung UK support and I've been told that one of the reasons this is not working might be the lack of the "Google Mobile Services" app from my phone, as it does not appear on the list of system apps:

> we highly recommend reaching our designated support team in Samsung Hong Kong so that they can also fully check if you can install/download Google Mobile Service (GMS) as this is one of the requirements for you to be able to fully use your mobile phone with your Galaxy Watch4 Classic

I could not find a way to get that installed on my phone, and I am not convinced this is the culprit anyway.

Things I've tried so far:

- Made sure my phone was fully updated
- Remove cache and data from Galaxy Wearable, Google, Google Play Services app
- Remove 2FA from Google Account
- Reset watch from the watch itself, in the recovery menu
- Restart my phone

Could someone help?

0 Likes
25 REPLIES 25
Christian bram
Student
Options

This the best n the easiest solution. Thanks

Actually we shouldn't experience this unnecessary glitchy problem

0 Likes
ipeks
First Poster
Options

Turning the wifi off and then proceeding to the account adding section worked for me

0 Likes
isidore12
Apprentice
Options

That worked for me: I disabled the lock screen security (i.e. PIN in my case) from the phone. 

After Google account copied across the watch with no issue.

0 Likes
Naz Rahim
First Poster
Options

wow your solution no. 4 worked wonders!!!! thanks so much! easy pezy

0 Likes
dovetail65
First Poster
Options

tried that none of it worked.

I went to the phone setting and  turned off all lock screens, so no password , no pin no fingerprint, etc, the phone settings under locks screen choice must be "none".

As did as I did that it worked. 

The I just went back to phone and added a new lock screen code.

I would only reset the phone and watch if after turning the lock screen to option none on the phone does not work  work.

So far this has fixed 6 of 6 phones.

Samsung's first instruction should be before copying a Google  account from phone to Galaxy 4 watch set lock screen to NONE in the phone!

0 Likes
Manjit M
Apprentice
Options

Hi all.

None of these solutions worked for me.

Reset watch 4 several times.

Reinstalled wear app and plugin several times.

Disabled all security settings like pin, fingerprint etc.

Disabled 2 factor authentication in Google.

Removed 2nd Google account.

Removed all Google accounts and started from scratch. Didn't format the phone.

Deleted data of all apps related to Google.

Logged out of watch in Google account settings from signed in devices.

Wear app kept showing 'couldn't copy Google accounts' after disabling everything.

After all why do we have to disable all necessary settings to copy Google account to watch 4 ? I still don't understand.

But after all this i added my two Google accounts in phone, re-enabled Google 2 factor authentication, re-enabled all phone security settings including pin and did a backup of Google settings in phone. Google account got copied to watch 4 immediately following all these steps. I do not know how it happened. But got it done somehow finally...!

0 Likes
Bolat_B
First Poster
Options

Hi guys,

I had the same issue.

I spent 2 days, tried all options listed here and on other forums, but only factory reset solved the issue.
Now the phone (Samsung Galaxy S8) is connected to Samsung Watch 4 and everything works fine.
After factory reset, you should update all apps pre-installed in your phone.

Hope this saves you some time :smiling-face:

0 Likes
Reiza
Apprentice
Options

It turns out this is the right solution... just turn off phone's lock screen (dont use fingerprint or pattern) temporarily while you set up the watch.. Thanks VeeBaa88

Ps : dont forget to clear data & cache on Galaxy Wearable apps first, if you previously installed the same watch

0 Likes
FolkeA
Student
Options

Install stucked ad "Google-Kontoinformationen werden abgerufen..."

It was a reinstall/reconnect of the watch, so it was already logged in into my google account.

Thanks NicolasW, sign out the watch from my google account s does the trick!

Can also be done here: https://myaccount.google.com/device-activity 

0 Likes
Atrak
First Poster
Options

Hi. None of the above-said solution worked for me. I resetted the watch several times, cleared the cash, and etc. for more than ten times, but none worked. however, I managed to resolve it by starting my vpn app, connecting to a Canadian server, and then trying to add my google account. this solution worked. and I am happy.

0 Likes