Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Genuine UK Galaxy Watch?

(Topic created on: 12-06-2020 09:44 PM)
Scotty15
Apprentice
Options

I have recently purchased a Galaxy Watch from Amazon. The Seller advertised the watch as a UK version, but on trying to use Samsung Pay via the watch today it wouldn't work. I later checked the box and it would appear the seller has put a sticker stating the watch is a UK version, but underneath is another sticker stating it's a Romanian Version. 

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can find out for certain whether the watch is covered by a UK warranty so I can get this resolved. I know longer trust the seller and Amazon aren't being very helpful. 

8 REPLIES 8
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hey @Scotty15 ,

all the EU devices are covered under the same warranty as this is regional, however, some features may not be available. Keep in mind that Samsung pay is intended to work on the country where the product was manufactured which means that even if the app was showing, you won't be able to add a UK card on a Romanian device. With this in mind, I would suggest reaching the seller to get this replaced for a real UK watch so you can enjoy Samsung Pay. 

WelshPaul
Troubleshooter
Options

It clearly wasn't manufactured for sale in the UK so send it back while you can! This is common place with Amazon and Samsung will likely not honor any future warranty claim. There were people reporting on this very site that when their Galaxy buds developed a fault and they visited a UK service centre that they were refused service as the goods were not UK retail units even though they were puchased on amazon.co.uk via supposedly reputable dealers.

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung iPhone user.

Current Devices:
  • iPhone 14 Pro 256GB Deep Purple
  • Samsung Galaxy Buds+ > Model: SM-R175.
Scotty15
Apprentice
Options

Thank you, I have been able to add my debit card details via the wearables app and these are visible on the the Samsung Pay app on the watch. Would I be right in assuming that because I've been able to add the details I've got a UK manufactured watch? I'm also concerned about the EU warranty as the UK has now left the EU so I'm not sure how the warranty would apply. 

0 Likes
Scotty15
Apprentice
Options
Thanks, I'm waiting on responses from both Amazon and the seller.
0 Likes
Stupot_HB
Apprentice
Options
Same here, bought mine 2 weeks ago from Amazon, fulfilled by DP Enterprise and 'UK version' sticker covers Romanian box.
I have to say my Samsung Pay works (tested) but I have an oustanding question on here as it doesn't appear to update the watch software and we could be missing security and feature updates.
I paid £220 for mine and they are now at £265 so I need to decide whether a return is worth it?
Cheers
Scotty15
Apprentice
Options

Exactly the same seller there. I have approached Amazon as ultimately they are responsible for the content their sellers post. I may be wrong but I believe Amazon are responsible for providing a replacement regardless of cost as the item has been incorrectly advertised and therefore mis-sold. I will let you know how I get on. Cheers. 

WelshPaul
Troubleshooter
Options
I don't understand why you don't just send it back? It's clearly not a UK retail unit if the official packaging states "Romanian Version" on it and it has been covered up with an alternative sticker. I purchased mine from Argos and its software info is as follows:

One UI version: 1.5
Tizen version: 4.0.0.7
Software version: R800XXU1DSL1

Knox: 2.4.0
Knox Tizen Wearable SDK: 2.4.0
SE for Tizen: 2.0.0
TIMZ: 3.0.0

That £45 sounds great but it won't sound so great if you ever need it serviced under warranty.

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung iPhone user.

Current Devices:
  • iPhone 14 Pro 256GB Deep Purple
  • Samsung Galaxy Buds+ > Model: SM-R175.
Stupot_HB
Apprentice
Options

Thanks Paul, totally agree and have returned the watch to Amazon this morning and ordered a legit one for £265.

For the record (of anyone searching) Samsung confirmed to me on another thread that the warranty point is unclear but may be a problem but also a 'foreign' watch won't ever receive software updates. Deal-breaker for me.