Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Gears S3 SM-R760 GPS not working

(Topic created on: 29-12-2016 09:48 AM)
Kurkoko
First Poster
Options

I installed all samsung apps, updated.

Got my Gear S3 and I am only able to make work GPS 1 time, every time I perform a Factory reset and repair again.

All permissions a granted to Samgung Gear, Gear S plugin and Samsung service.

Tried, Yelp and HEREWego, even shealth to track a test.

On Gear S3 location is set to on (GPA+Wireless).

Sometime I see Gear S plugin running and locate me.

I find strange I need my smartphone to locate me, and even this rarely works.

Is frustrating.....

Android 6.0.1 Xiaomi Mi5

0 Likes
63 REPLIES 63
KellyM
Helping Hand
Options

Hello and welcome, Kurkoko!

Are you still having trouble with this? Where are you based?

0 Likes
CraigE
Journeyman
Options

Hi Kurkoko,

You are not alone with this issue, as I have the same problem, as well as a growing number of disgruntled owners experiencing this issue. If you search Samsung Gear S3 gps not working on Youtube there is a good review of this issue, and how to test if you have this apparently common problem (update video also posted). 

If you read the posted comments you will see the growing number of people with this issue, and others now changing their mind to buy one.

I contacted Samsung Customer Care and only got back a reply as to how it should work, but they ignored my issue and didn't respond with a resolution.

I'm sorry I bought mine now, as it looks like another Samsung faulty product launch. I hope I can get a better response from Samsung on this issue and when it will be fixed, but I have tried ringing Samsung Australia Head Office 15 times already today, and nobody answering.

0 Likes
EmmaS
Pathfinder
Options

Hey CraigE, thanks for posting!

Where are you based? 

EmmaS

0 Likes
CraigE
Journeyman
Options

Hi EmmaS,

I am un Australia, and I have also replied to your email with more details, including links to Youtube videos outlining the issue I, and apparently many others, are experiencing with this not working.

I tried rining Samsung Australia Head Office at least 20 time yesterday, and nobody answers, so between this and a very poor replie from DarylS @ Samsung Customer Care (only told me how it shold work, and didn't bother addressing the issue), it appears Samsung do not really care about theirs customers issues with Samsung products..

Regards,

Craig 

JessL
Voyager
Options

We care for all our customers around the world, in this instance you would have to speak to Samsung Australia as we are only able to advise on UK products. 

Let the Community know how you get on! :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
CraigE
Journeyman
Options

Hi JessL,

Thanks for your reply, but you obviously have not read any of my posts.

I contacted their Customer Care via email and got no help, as they only told me how it should work, but ignored addressing the problem I advised them of.

I then rang the Australian Customer Care line and they were no help but just suggested I send it off for repair, but on a new product I shouldn't have to do, and if you read any of the comments on the Youtube posts many others have swapped new devices at store of purchase and they still don't work. I want a new product that works, which I paid goof money for, not a patched up one.

I then tried ringing Samsung Australia's Head Office at least 20 times, and nobody answers. Yes it was the right number, and they didn't even have a message setvice to leave my details for a call back. Funny, a company that makes mobile phones have not heard of voicemail.

I think the above efforts constitute trying to contact Samsung Australia, so this to me is pretty poor service. This will now only leave me the option of gping to the Australian Department of Fair Trading and the media outlets to try and get a reply and actions.

Regards,

Craig 

https://youtu.be/CxcR2FuWdro

https://youtu.be/bivRNprbkcY

UPDATE;

This does not appear to be isolated to UK, so Samsung needs to review this globally. 

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Wearable-Tech/Gear-S3-Frontier-GPS-Glonass-functions/td-p/51675

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Wearable-Tech/Gear-S3-GPS-not-tracking-my-acitivities/td-p/50988