Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Gears S3 SM-R760 GPS not working

(Topic created on: 25-09-2019 09:54 AM)
Kurkoko
First Poster
Options

I installed all samsung apps, updated.

Got my Gear S3 and I am only able to make work GPS 1 time, every time I perform a Factory reset and repair again.

All permissions a granted to Samgung Gear, Gear S plugin and Samsung service.

Tried, Yelp and HEREWego, even shealth to track a test.

On Gear S3 location is set to on (GPA+Wireless).

Sometime I see Gear S plugin running and locate me.

I find strange I need my smartphone to locate me, and even this rarely works.

Is frustrating.....

Android 6.0.1 Xiaomi Mi5

0 Likes
63 REPLIES 63
RunForrest
Student
Options

Hello, I'm also very disappointed with the Gear S3 Frontier capacity to track outdoor activities!
On my case there's lots of tracking interruptions during the running/cycling sessions leading to much less distance measured... Comparing with many other products on the market (including low cost solutions as Xiaomi), it's very inacurate and absolutely useless to control training sessions.

By the way, the HRM is also very inacurate!

@SAMSUNG, this is not fair... We really need the advertized features to work! PLEASE...

0 Likes
ianna
Journeyman
Options

I've the same problem of @molinator . What kind of phone you have? I've Xiaomi Mi8 and I'm trying to resolve this issue.

0 Likes
Molinator
Student
Options

@ianna wrote:

I've the same problem of @molinator . What kind of phone you have? I've Xiaomi Mi8 and I'm trying to resolve this issue.

I've Xiaomi Mi9.  What I know is that You need Galaxy Wearable App always on and connected to your watch and with permission to access location on your phone. So, autostart must be on, the app must be locked (always run), it must be in the battery optimization exception list, etc. Watch, when connected, always wait for the location from the phone.

When I switch Bluetooth off and disconnect watch from the phone it starts using its own GPS receiver.

0 Likes
ianna
Journeyman
Options

I did all you wrote, but when I tap on meteo app it ask me to connect by bluetooth with my mobile device.

So it's impossible take over the position on meteo widget and app

0 Likes