Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Gears S3 SM-R760 GPS not working

(Topic created on: 22-08-2019 06:21 PM)
Kurkoko
First Poster
Options

I installed all samsung apps, updated.

Got my Gear S3 and I am only able to make work GPS 1 time, every time I perform a Factory reset and repair again.

All permissions a granted to Samgung Gear, Gear S plugin and Samsung service.

Tried, Yelp and HEREWego, even shealth to track a test.

On Gear S3 location is set to on (GPA+Wireless).

Sometime I see Gear S plugin running and locate me.

I find strange I need my smartphone to locate me, and even this rarely works.

Is frustrating.....

Android 6.0.1 Xiaomi Mi5

0 Likes
63 REPLIES 63
MrPaulo
First Poster
Options
Thank you. Your explanation helped me solve my problem. In my case GPS did not work when bluetooth was connected to the phone. Ultimately the issue was that the phone was only sharing location in the phone's Galaxy Watch app when it was being used. Allowing the Galaxy Watch app to always share location allowed "GPS" to work on the Watch when bluetooth connection was active to the phone.
0 Likes
miglozoya
Apprentice
Options

Paulo,

It might have been your solution, but pls note that I am speaking of carrying the watch NOT CONNECTED to any cell phone, i.e. stand-alone. That's when problems come. By the way, just walked with an iWatch user by my side, she recorde 8.1 Km, my Gear almost 11km

0 Likes
Tacheus
Student
Options

@miglozoya wrote:

Paulo,

It might have been your solution, but pls note that I am speaking of carrying the watch NOT CONNECTED to any cell phone, i.e. stand-alone. That's when problems come. By the way, just walked with an iWatch user by my side, she recorde 8.1 Km, my Gear almost 11km

That's really unfortunate. I read earlier in the thread that you've replaced your watch numerous times and still have the issue. 

I run with my watch 3 times a week and I leave my phone behind. I run with a small group and some others use an iwatch or a Garmin. The GPS results from all three are very similar. 

This is my second gear S3 (first was replaced because of some confusion with Samsung pay) and the first gps worked fine also.

If you do have your phone on you, make sure it's not on power save . If you don't have it with you then I've no idea, sorry.

0 Likes
Asuk04
Apprentice
Options

Its seem is the weather apps in the gear causimg the problem

i yesterday add the widget on the gear

last night my ride was error

and the gps is disconnetec at the middle of the ride

i also cycling this morning

and the gps on the gear stop warking at around 12km

just a while ago

i try to run the cyc in gear to test the gps

and it didnt work

just now i do the same thing that do the setting in weather apps in the phone 

and the gps came back normally

look likes its the weather apps problem

hope tomorow i normal

its very frustated when u have a gear that doin prob that we not expect and causing by a minor weather apps

note : i never bring my phone that connected to my gear while cycling

regardp

0 Likes
miglozoya
Apprentice
Options

Hi There,

Sorry, I can't quite understand what you did to the WX app to fix it. Did you remove it? De-select auto-positioning? This is the part that I cannot understand: "just now i do the same thing that do the setting in weather apps in the phone "

If you could explain I'd be grateful .

Kind regrads

0 Likes
Asuk04
Apprentice
Options

I deselect the current position

And also i remove the weather widget

Monday i will test with the widget install and still deselect the current position

Sorry for my bad english

0 Likes
akingbj
First Poster
Options

I have the exact same problem. I run WITHOUT my phone and on short runs (5km) my Gear S3 classic seems to work fine some days BUT on longer runs 10km+ it is NEVER accurate. 

This is frustrating as you only discover the inaccuracy the more you run.

I NEVER EVER carry my phone on a run.

0 Likes
scotsold
First Poster
Options

I am having the same problem and following this post.  When you say that MMR suggested deleting the app on your phone and your watch, then it worked perfectly - what app did you delete??

0 Likes
Asuk04
Apprentice
Options

Just deslect the position in weather app both in phone and gear

The logic is

If the current position of weater is active

While we run cycling or running

That apps will somehow track current gps position to provide the weather app

Just diselect it

And it will hav no prob

Sorry for bad english

Molinator
Student
Options

I had this problem. When connected to the phone gear sport watch didn't detect location. After switching off using current location in weather app gps works.

Thank you very much.

0 Likes