Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gear Sport Running with Location/GPS Off Speed Wrong

(Topic created on: 22-03-2018 09:31 AM)
SteWilf
First Poster
Options

Hi,

I have had a Gear Sport now for a while and use it with the S-Health App. I am wondering how I can get it to record the distance and speed of runs where GPS is not available tracked correctly.

For example this morning I ran 7Km around an indoor running track, GPS isn't available due to the roof construction, so I turn location off and run.

I ran exactly 7Km in 34minutes 47 seconds which equates to a speed of 12.07Km/h. However, the Gear Sport recorded a run time of 34minutes 47 seconds but a speed of 9km/h and a distance of 5.47km. Obviously speed and distance are linked, one is a function of the other. So how on earth do I get the watch to record my speed and distance correctly? Is there a setting somewhere I can change? I am guessing the stride length model/calculation is way off!

My old FitBit Charge tracked the same run to within  200m recording 7.16Km and a speed of 12.1Km/h, again no GPS (not available on that).

Thank you

Steve

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
ams_mr
First Poster
Options

I have same problem. I thank if anybody help us.

0 Likes
Mark279
First Poster
Options

Make sure your phone isn't on power save mode if you're having the problem and you're running with your phone