Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gear Sport Not Tracking Heart Rate When Exercising

(Topic created on: 21-01-2019 08:52 AM)
Stevevdb3000
First Poster
Options

Hi, is anyone else having this issue with their gear sport or gear S3?

I have had 3 gear S3's and now changed it to a gear sport and am still getting the same issue. 

When I first went out cycling with the gear sport yesterday, it tracked my HR just fine when displayed in the shealth app but since then it is just showing it go up and then a straight line which is obviously wrong. I think its a software issue. The gear S2 does it fine.

See graph 1st use and then whats happened since - before and after:1st use cycling1st use cycling

2nd use and onwards use2nd use and onwards use

490 REPLIES 490
Rognvaldsson
First Poster
Options

I installed HR Monitor app and that seams to work. It is connectedt to s-healt and so the reading is picked up. This is however quite strange.. I need a 3rd party app to get this function to work :smiling-face:

0 Likes
ZiaSaleem
First Poster
Options

the only thing between me not buying this watch and buying this watch is someone on this forum saying that either the issue is fixed from Samsung or someone has found a work around. dont like any of the other options in the market in the 42mm size range. 

@Rognvaldsson wrote:

I installed HR Monitor app and that seams to work. It is connectedt to s-healt and so the reading is picked up. This is however quite strange.. I need a 3rd party app to get this function to work :smiling-face:

How is your experience so far with the HR monitor app?

0 Likes
daath
Explorer
Options

I tried installing HR Monitor, but that caused my watch to wake all the time, even in DND-mode, so I uninstalled it.

Samsung needs to fix the ***** HR monitor.

Dinger1001
First Poster
Options
Purchased new watch last week, and probably rebooted 8 times in order for the HR monitor to work. Junk
0 Likes
pavlis
Pioneer
Options

HR Monitor app does not work! 

20190122_194338.jpg

Screenshot_20190122-194331_HR Monitor.jpg

HR Monitor app Does not Work! 

Photo/Screenshot were taken during an intense workout session.

Hey Samsung, you're about to release a new watch yet you haven't fixed issues defects on two previous generations!

0 Likes
Rognvaldsson
First Poster
Options

Sorry to hear that the HR Monitor app does not work for some of you. It has worked fine for me though(I used it last night for example).
Has anyone tested if the new update (T4) solves the problem?

0 Likes
ShawnVee
Student
Options

i wouldnt expect that app to work if the samsung os is not already working to retrieve the heart rate. 

The Galaxy wtch is NOT dependable.  mosqt times whwn i work out i have to look at a blank he as rt rate reading. it is infuriating as i go through the effort to work out and cant get an acurrate . reading from the galaxy watch.  thisq watch is NOT ready to be in the market (gps stinks too + other issues ive had) and i feel like samsung basically stole my money knowing this. 

0 Likes
Wilq84
Journeyman
Options

How did you guys enable this heart rate and elevation on the chart? I have only Speed there...

I'm "lucky" Gear 3 owner from yesterday and encountering already issues, especially with heart rates measurements...

0 Likes
Rognvaldsson
First Poster
Options
I installed T4 on my watch yesterday and the HR function in Samsung health worked today without the help of HR monitor. Hope this will last. If not, I will report it here.
0 Likes
pavlis
Pioneer
Options
What's T4? A fitness App? Do you have a full name or a link? Thanks.
0 Likes