Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gear Sport Not Tracking Heart Rate When Exercising

(Topic created on: 20-09-2018 10:04 AM)
Stevevdb3000
First Poster
Options

Hi, is anyone else having this issue with their gear sport or gear S3?

I have had 3 gear S3's and now changed it to a gear sport and am still getting the same issue. 

When I first went out cycling with the gear sport yesterday, it tracked my HR just fine when displayed in the shealth app but since then it is just showing it go up and then a straight line which is obviously wrong. I think its a software issue. The gear S2 does it fine.

See graph 1st use and then whats happened since - before and after:1st use cycling1st use cycling

2nd use and onwards use2nd use and onwards use

490 REPLIES 490
Ricky2
Voyager
Options

Any update on this Samsung?

Do the mods even still exist?

0 Likes
Ricky2
Voyager
Options

@AntS @CarlH @LiamH @CarolinaW

Please stop ignoring us. It won't make the problem go away.

0 Likes
Feeny
First Poster
Options

Too bad the Galaxy watch does it too...

Kingtrip3
First Poster
Options

This has been happening on my Galaxy Watch I got yesterday

Shocket
Apprentice
Options

Return it and ask for a replacement, if that one doesn't work....Return it and ask for a replacement! 

Chupat
Journeyman
Options

Hi Shocket. There is no problem with your hardware (watch). I have changed watch myself and the problem remains. The problem is in the software. The only way to get a descent watch is to change brand since Samsung refuses to correct the faulty code. I recommend you choose a Garmin or Suunto instead.

Jdd3
Apprentice
Options
I fixed it. Press both buttons on your watch till it turns OFF. Then restart the same way. Heart rate worked last night and today sleep pattern is back.
GREAT
0 Likes
TimtheTechGeek
Journeyman
Options

"I fixed it. Press both buttons on your watch till it turns OFF. Then restart the same way. Heart rate worked last night and today sleep pattern is back.
GREAT "

This thread is about the HRM cutting out during manually selected exercises, not while it is set to constant while not exercising. I tried that two button reboot trick and started an exercise session. It cut out just short of four minutes like it always does. The workaround is to use Endomondo or UA Record to track workouts until Samsung fixes the software.

Alburnus
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem. When I'm cycling and run app for cycling training, my heart are correct measure on begining, but after some time it's stop and it is constant line on the graph. It's very anoying, because after 3 km distance it shows that burn 300 kcal!

Dear Samsun when you solve this problem?

Chupat
Journeyman
Options

Wll Alburnus. Samsung seems to abandoned this watch. They don´t care about fixing the software and also it seemes that some major shops have stopped selling them (Media Markt for example) so my best advice to you is to dump it in the nearest garbage bin and buy another one, and NOT Samsung.