Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gear Sport Not Tracking Heart Rate When Exercising

(Topic created on: 18-09-2018 04:13 PM)
Stevevdb3000
First Poster
Options

Hi, is anyone else having this issue with their gear sport or gear S3?

I have had 3 gear S3's and now changed it to a gear sport and am still getting the same issue. 

When I first went out cycling with the gear sport yesterday, it tracked my HR just fine when displayed in the shealth app but since then it is just showing it go up and then a straight line which is obviously wrong. I think its a software issue. The gear S2 does it fine.

See graph 1st use and then whats happened since - before and after:1st use cycling1st use cycling

2nd use and onwards use2nd use and onwards use

490 REPLIES 490
Chupat
Journeyman
Options

Some interesting news. I have a friend on the R&D departement in Samsung (don't want to reveil where to protect him). He says that absolutely nothing is done on the Samsung Gear Fit2 software. All efforts are put on the new Samsung Watch. Perhaps you have noticed that it was not out for sale alongside with the new S9. Well there is an explanation to that. They have problems with the software (surprice, surprice). Also, I was in the store (Media Markt) I bought my Gear fit and I was surprised to hear from the seller that they have stopped selling the device. At home i went to the online shop and saw that the product had been removed from the shelves. 

Is it only me but I see a pattern here. Are we all being ***** up by Samsung. Them trying to keep us calme as long as possible.

Well mr Samsung. If you read this, that doesen't work on me. I am going to change TV within the next few weeks. Samsung? I don't thinks so. And when it will be time to change phone. Samsung? forget it.

By the way, today I had a wonderful experience. I burned 500 kcal in 20 mins when I had my walkt to work. How? well the watch locked on 202 bpm (which would have killed me since im 57 years old). Perhaps Samsung have found a new nieche for their watches. People that wants to loose weight without effort.......

DaveGS9
Student
Options

Hi DevronB, I'm also a developer however not signed up to Samsung's developer program. Did you obtain any further info on the HR API issues, i.e. the locking. It sounds like they could have an async coding issue there in their core code. At least I can confirm that it's still an issue in Tizen 4.0.0.0 as my Galaxy Watch has the issue.

My expectation from a HR sensor which is always on during workouts is that my heart rate changes frequently (every second or so). My Fitbit Blaze would show graphs that fluctuate and does not have plateau's.

I'm lucky in that I should be able to return the watch to store, I really would prefer a solution as it does a lot of things well. I would prefer for all experiencing this to get a solution.

Ricky2
Voyager
Options

The whole thing is ridiculous. 

How long has it been now without any input from the mods?

After a long conversation with Samsung support via Twitter, they basically advised me that I should keep waiting for an update... 9 months on.

I just want my money back and to go elsewhere.

0 Likes
seballos
Journeyman
Options
Samsung Galaxy Watch 46mm, Tizen 4.0.0.0, Software version: R800XXU1BRH3

HR monitor set to Always, the monitor has intervals of 1-2 hours where nothing is recorded, sometimes switching it to Frequent and back to Always works in resetting it, other times it doesn't. This happens both when sitting at the desk and when moving. Sleep monitoring works well for now.

If this doesn't get fixed I will surely return this watch and get something else.

darren68
Journeyman
Options

same here, got the galaxy watch 42mm last week, have done several workouts where the HR record is clearly faulty, if they cannot get this basic function right then it is really poor, will be sending the watch back and returning to Fitbit, this is a shame considering how nice the watch is.

0 Likes
Thzone
First Poster
Options

I have contacted samsung support and showed them a picture of a workout we’re my heart rate flatlined during half of the workout.

They asked me to clean the cache of the Gear app. I’m not hopeful that this could solve the issue.

I’ll keep you posted.

4CD06C36-4E5F-4182-AA4D-2749E8A140F8.jpeg

0 Likes
Shocket
Apprentice
Options

I’m currently waiting on a replacement for the 46mm in uk for this very reason, not holding my breath now that this will be fixed, I have owned multiple devices that measure hr via optical wrist and a

thou they have issues, none anywhere near this! Great pity as I love the watch otherwise but surely this can’t be this impossible to fix!  I thought you had some of the best software engineers in the world.

0 Likes
Shocket
Apprentice
Options

I asked the same on 2 Facebook owner pages....no response yet!!

0 Likes
Chupat
Journeyman
Options

I'm done. Spent the whole morning to get the Autopuls going again. After 2 hours of fiddeling i finally got it working again but God knows for how long. Toady I decided to leave Samsung as a brand in total. Since the people here seems serious about training and appreciate a well functional puls watch, can anybody give me some tips of good puls watches (NOT Samsung) that I could buy instead.

0 Likes
Ricky2
Voyager
Options

Hi Chupat,

I don't blame you. 

I'm personally looking at getting a Garmin, specifically the forerunner 935. Depends on your budget I suppose.

0 Likes