Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gear Sport Not Tracking Heart Rate When Exercising

(Topic created on: 16-09-2018 07:04 AM)
Stevevdb3000
First Poster
Options

Hi, is anyone else having this issue with their gear sport or gear S3?

I have had 3 gear S3's and now changed it to a gear sport and am still getting the same issue. 

When I first went out cycling with the gear sport yesterday, it tracked my HR just fine when displayed in the shealth app but since then it is just showing it go up and then a straight line which is obviously wrong. I think its a software issue. The gear S2 does it fine.

See graph 1st use and then whats happened since - before and after:1st use cycling1st use cycling

2nd use and onwards use2nd use and onwards use

490 REPLIES 490
M1ch3ll3
Apprentice
Options
Upgraded from an S2. It never happened with this watch.
Ricky2
Voyager
Options

M1ch3ll3,

Wow, that's amazing, thanks so much for posting to let us know.

The funny thing is the galaxy watch uses a newer Tizen version and a totally different HR monitor and the problem still exists. It's ridiculous!

If you care about your HR readings I would return the watch whilst you can. The problem has been present since January this year and we still have no fix and Samsung don't care about fixing it anymore. Mods no longer chase this problem for us either.

I really can't believe it!

0 Likes
Ricky2
Voyager
Options

@AntS @CarlH @LiamH

Please read the above post...This is still an issue 9 months on and even effects the newer galaxy watch!

This is a software issue and needs fixing. Please get us an update from the developers!

0 Likes
Ricky2
Voyager
Options

@CarolinaW or any of the mods... can we get an update on this? ^^

Ricky2
Voyager
Options

Mods, any update on this?

0 Likes
AndreaCristiano
First Poster
Options

My gear sport just stopped this heart rate /auto exercise track. So weird out of nowhere 

0 Likes
chrisatlemon
Apprentice
Options

A fitness tracker that has broken HR is like a watch that doesn't tell the time - or a car without wheels. It's the most ridiculous thing ever.

I now own a Garmin Forerunner 935. What an awesome device.

Logic would have dictated that I get a Samsung Smartwatch, seeing that I have a Samsung phone and TV, tablet etc, it makes sense to keep everything under the same hood, especially for connectivity. I even like the Samsung smartwatches. 

But this ridiculous episode has cured me. So happy with my new watch, it's mindblowing! Return your Samsung Fitness trackers whilst you can - this is supposed to be fun, this is the workout/fitness part of the day. No need for aggravation during hobby time.

It boggles the mind that this is not an issue Samsung would jump on and fix instantly. It renders their entire range of fitness products totally useless. There is no reasonable way to understand this. On the other hand:

https://www.trustpilot.com/review/www.samsung.com/uk

Probably the worst reviews rating I've ever seen on TP apart from scam sites ... I guess that's an indicator of what we can expect here.

Bye Bye Samsung, Hello Garmin.

Ricky2
Voyager
Options

Hi chrisatlemon,

I totally agree. In was looking at the garmin forerunner 935 myself. Good to know It was the right choice!

0 Likes
Ricky2
Voyager
Options

@AntS @CarlH @LiamH @CarolinaW

Or any of the mods who care to respond ( Don't know why you've all gone silent on such a widespread issue)

Please read a few posts up...This is still an issue 9 months on and even effects the newer galaxy watch!

This is a software issue and needs fixing. Please get us an update from the developers!

(Actually, we're past 'an update' stage, we just need it fixing)

0 Likes
Ricky2
Voyager
Options

Just to update everyone on this.

I have been speaking to Samsung via Twitter about this problem.

Their advice was basically to keep waiting for an update and that the developers need more time to fix it... Seriously, 9 months later?Screenshot_20180916-063610_Twitter.jpg

0 Likes