Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gear Sport Not Tracking Heart Rate When Exercising

(Topic created on: 25-08-2018 09:12 PM)
Stevevdb3000
First Poster
Options

Hi, is anyone else having this issue with their gear sport or gear S3?

I have had 3 gear S3's and now changed it to a gear sport and am still getting the same issue. 

When I first went out cycling with the gear sport yesterday, it tracked my HR just fine when displayed in the shealth app but since then it is just showing it go up and then a straight line which is obviously wrong. I think its a software issue. The gear S2 does it fine.

See graph 1st use and then whats happened since - before and after:1st use cycling1st use cycling

2nd use and onwards use2nd use and onwards use

490 REPLIES 490
Celiawheelia
Pathfinder
Options

Ricky, I foolishly assumed that the watch Samsung health would also update! 

Have figured I'm kind of stuck with this for now but wouldn't buy another Samsung watch, which is such as shame as most  everything else on it is great 

0 Likes
Andrezao
Explorer
Options

I think the update will not be only  for S.health 6.0 in the phone, I think it will be on the gear too. due to the GALAXY watch coming

0 Likes
lilith14
Explorer
Options

Well this guy giving his 48hr review of the Galaxy Watch, he complains about the HR but not the flat-line (Might not know of the issues) but you can see in the video the Galaxy Watch still has some flat-lines. I guess this is a good thing for people that are stuck with the old watches as it might mean if people complain about this on thier new watches samsung might be forced to fix it and the update might come to the older models too.

galaxy.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okCjJt4o5eg

Also Desfit  is reviewing the watch atm, if anyone has a youtube account a message with link to this thread and info about the issue had on the old models would be good for him to know about. I find his reviews of sports watchs great and if he runs into this issue on the watch it would get the word out.

0 Likes
Andrezao
Explorer
Options

Anyone knows if we use GEAR TRACK app, will work in GEAR SPORT, correctly?

Because, my heart rate is totally wrong in S.Health.

Do you think that the problem is really the software?

0 Likes
Ricky2
Voyager
Options

Hi Andrezeo,

If you look back through previous posts we've basically proved this is a software issue with the Samsung Health app itself on the watch.

Yes using the gear tracker app works with the gear sport watch. For me it fixes the problem 100% of the time.

I've not got time at the moment to go through all the troubleshooting which has been done to prove the app is the problem. Have a look back through the previous comments. 

0 Likes
Andrezao
Explorer
Options

any configuration secret to work? because continues with the same problems even using the GEAR TRACK, even if I disable S.Health.

0 Likes
lilith14
Explorer
Options

Desfit has run into HR issues on the Galaxy Watch, not sure it's the same as the Gear S3/Sport but I don't have a youtube account to message him this thread, he said he is trying to reach out for comment so him knowing this is an ongoing issue would be great pressure on Samsung and he can mention in his review of the Galaxy Watch they have not fixed the issue that has being going on for months.

desfit.png

0 Likes
Stevevdb30000
Pioneer
Options

Just had a look on youtube at anouther reviewers video of the new galaxy watch. He has some likes and dislikes after 48hours of use, he mentions a disapproval of the HR but only that it does a random jump to 200bpm. He doesnt mention the flat lineing although when hes showing the 200bpm on his phones shealth app, you can see his HR graph and if you look at my screenshot, you can clearly see flat lines still present during his running activity for his HR. This therefore must be a software issue and not hardware considering the galaxy watch is definately new and runs with different hardware. I cant believe ssmsung havent sorted this? If it helps samsung, the Gear S2 works perfectly everytime with the HR graph. 20180901_111346.jpg

Any updates mods? 

0 Likes
DevronB
First Poster
Options

Hi All,

I wrote the Gear Tracker App. I've seen issues with HR since Tizen 3. The reason Gear Tracker works continuously is that I detect the HR API lock up and restart the sensor after 30secs. I also have issues with high readings. I've also noticed on my Gear S3 since the recent update the issues have worsened for me. Check out my posts at https://facebook.com/GearTrackerApp

I have had an open ticket with the Samsung Developer Program on this for several months now and have been continually updating it with ongoing issues, and info from other posts and users like here. I've actually had a response from support showing their own test results and confirming they were able to reproduce the issue on Tizen 3.0.0.2! They've also stated that this info has been forwarded to the HR team for review. I'll keep pushing for a response.

As far as I'm concerned this is a software issue as it worked fine under tizen 2.3.2. I beleive that Samsung are so focused on saving battery usage that everything else comes second and gets overlooked.

As a developer it's a very challenging working on this platform.

Finally, I'm continuously looking into ways to overcome or fix these issues, hopefully one day soon Samsung will sort this out. 

Ricky2
Voyager
Options

Hi DevronB,

Thank you so much for that response.

It's about time we had some backend information about this issue.

So far we've been doing troubleshooting directly from the front end but we can only see so much.

Glad you came across from Facebook to look at this thread! Thanks for your efforts.

0 Likes