Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gear Sport Not Tracking Heart Rate When Exercising

(Topic created on: 16-08-2018 01:53 PM)
Stevevdb3000
First Poster
Options

Hi, is anyone else having this issue with their gear sport or gear S3?

I have had 3 gear S3's and now changed it to a gear sport and am still getting the same issue. 

When I first went out cycling with the gear sport yesterday, it tracked my HR just fine when displayed in the shealth app but since then it is just showing it go up and then a straight line which is obviously wrong. I think its a software issue. The gear S2 does it fine.

See graph 1st use and then whats happened since - before and after:1st use cycling1st use cycling

2nd use and onwards use2nd use and onwards use

490 REPLIES 490
Andrezao
Explorer
Options

What is the number of this update?

But make sense for you 190 rates ?

0 Likes
Celiawheelia
Pathfinder
Options

I have posted the update after my excited post about the success. I screen shotted it, next post down. But here it is again......Screenshot_20180816-132047_Gear S Plugin.jpg

And yes, HR of around 190 would be about right for what I was doing. 

0 Likes
ned7077
Explorer
Options

On the Sport itself what is the software version?  Go to Settings>About Gear>Software Information>Software Version

The update I received last week was R600XXU1ARG1.

And I have seen HR dropouts with this version already.

0 Likes
Celiawheelia
Pathfinder
Options

15344244328761325828145679982331.jpg

Different one. Have everything crossed. 

0 Likes
Ricky2
Voyager
Options

Hi Celia,

I've had that update for a while now and still experience the problem. As before, every so often it works but in general it doesn't work still.

0 Likes
Celiawheelia
Pathfinder
Options

Ricky,

Thanks for letting me know 

😖😖😖

0 Likes
Andrezao
Explorer
Options

This is the same Version on my Gear Sport updated about 2 weeks.

The problem still happen.....No Way

0 Likes
Ricky2
Voyager
Options

OK so this thread alone now has over 250 comments and nearly 1000 views.
There are also various other threads that people have been opening for the same problem and i have been guiding them here, both in the EU and US.
The problem has been happening since January (approx).
The problem spans accross 3 devices (gear s3, gear sport, fit 2 pro).
Many users have had replacement devices and this did not resolve the problem (because it is a software problem!), people have had to resort to just 'giving up' and buying a new watch.

Many users have tried contacting Samsung by other means, and even though this has been passed to the devs, Samsung apparently are not aware of the issue.

What does it take to get a meaningful response on this?

Surely when this many users on different devices, in different countries report the same problem for months on end, something must be done?

If this problem has been passed to the dev team, unfortunately that alone is no longer good enough, it needs to be escalated to management or someone with more 'influence'.

This is the last Samsung device i will buy. Support with easy problems is OK at best but as soon as there is a problem which takes a bit of thinking about, Samsung don't want to know. Often when support are contacted they either a) Don't even read your message b) Don't have the training to understand what you are talking about or c) Can't speak good enough english.

Rant over...for now.

MOD's. Sort it out please.

Celiawheelia
Pathfinder
Options

So after 2 treadmill runs and a hike with good regular consistent HR readings,I was feeling full of positivity. 

Did an outside run today. HR was average 87 (??) reading for the whole run but clearly reading half count rather than double count,which it seems to do intermittently at rest!! 

Mods what is happening???? Some sort of response would be appreciated. Samsung are being simply rude. 

Andrezao
Explorer
Options

Maybe put the information in the Twitter and social media and networks.

Maybe with this we will have some attention 

0 Likes