Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gear Sport Not Tracking Heart Rate When Exercising

(Topic created on: 08-06-2018 01:27 PM)
Stevevdb3000
First Poster
Options

Hi, is anyone else having this issue with their gear sport or gear S3?

I have had 3 gear S3's and now changed it to a gear sport and am still getting the same issue. 

When I first went out cycling with the gear sport yesterday, it tracked my HR just fine when displayed in the shealth app but since then it is just showing it go up and then a straight line which is obviously wrong. I think its a software issue. The gear S2 does it fine.

See graph 1st use and then whats happened since - before and after:1st use cycling1st use cycling

2nd use and onwards use2nd use and onwards use

490 REPLIES 490
Celiawheelia
Pathfinder
Options

I have set the HR to constant but it kills the battery. I would expect frequent wouldn't need you to be still to work 🙄 anyway, for now it is what it is.

I'll see how I get on with the new app on my watch. 

Thanks again 

lilith14
Explorer
Options

Well my hopes from last weeks Shealth update having an improvement where dashed, normal shealth recording this morning with not getting a reading most of the ride.

Screenshot_20180605-122915.png

So back to gear tracker for the way home and it worked correctly here is how it looks from the strava import to shealth.

Screenshot_20180605-122951.png

Ricky2
Voyager
Options

Once again for me the third party app records heart rate data continuously with no drop outs.

So far had 100% success rate with the gear tracker app.

Any update from Samsung yet on a fix for this?This is a screenshot from Strava from the workout data uploaded from the gear tracker app.This is a screenshot from Strava from the workout data uploaded from the gear tracker app.

0 Likes
thewilk
Student
Options

Just to add I have also been experiencing this problem with my Gear Fit 2.  I have been told to reset watch/delete cache/reinstall app but has made no difference.

Ricky2
Voyager
Options

Hi thewilk,

Yes you are correct. I have read multiple posts before of people reporting this issue on the Gear fit 2, gear sport and gear s3. The issue also spans across into the US. I believe it's because they all use the same version of the Samsung Health app and that is where the problem lies.

Still waiting to hear back from the development team...

Theron
Journeyman
Options

I have fit 2 and s3 frontier, my girlfriend has sport, all three has this exact issue. Most severe on s3. It did work before update, I used to measure whole workout with them. Also ever since update it is not only shealth that is affected but endomondo too (I think it takes data from shealt it doesn't work same way as gear tracker)

0 Likes
Stevevdb30000
Pioneer
Options

Thank-you to the 2 new users that have come forward experienceing the same issue. The more people that report it, the more likely of a fix. It would be very nice if a moderator could chase this with samsung/ update samsung to say that further users have come forward and that it seems to be affecting all your range of gear devices. Could i also ask (as i will today) that some of you give samaung tech support a call and let them know about this thread to get them to escalate it?

Celiawheelia
Pathfinder
Options

Ricky, I bought the app you suggested and have upgraded my strava to premium. I looked at my HR from my run today 🤨....... Screenshot_20180608-130118_Strava.jpg

I feel this is a fail on behalf of the app. Should I uninstall Samsung health on my watch? If I do,how does this affect the other aspects if my watch? Interestingly my s.health app auto recorded my run and although it didn't give me a complete hr reading,it gave me a broader reading than the new app! 

When I have HR on continuous monitoring I get perfect hr readings. 

This is very frustrating for me. Any suggestions? 

Many thanks 

Celia 

lilith14
Explorer
Options

Really odd what have you HR logging set to on the GearTracker, I have mine set to 1 second did GearTracker show a lock on HR before you started the run? I use continous so have a lock once I start the app but if I just put on the watch it can take a few minutes with holding my wirst still to get a lock, this happens with the normal HR too.

Here is my commute yesterday

Screenshot_20180608-131917.pngScreenshot_20180608-131928.png

so far I have not had a problem with gear tracker but it might be because I always have continous HR on, Try turning on continous HR on and get a lock before starting Geartracker on your next run, you can turn it off again after and see if it works better.

Celiawheelia
Pathfinder
Options

Thanks Lilith, yes I do have my watch set to continuous hr tracking. 

It's very odd, I didn't check the gear tracker app was picking up hr before I set off tbh, everyone else seems to have great success with it so I just tried it 🙄 anyway, I'll keep at it for now. 

Interestingly,after my run I did a 15 min yoga session at home and recorded it as a workout via Samsung health and it recorded my HR perfectly!! 🤨 

Thanks anyway 

0 Likes