Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gear Sport Not Tracking Heart Rate When Exercising

(Topic created on: 06-10-2020 04:36 AM)
Stevevdb3000
First Poster
Options

Hi, is anyone else having this issue with their gear sport or gear S3?

I have had 3 gear S3's and now changed it to a gear sport and am still getting the same issue. 

When I first went out cycling with the gear sport yesterday, it tracked my HR just fine when displayed in the shealth app but since then it is just showing it go up and then a straight line which is obviously wrong. I think its a software issue. The gear S2 does it fine.

See graph 1st use and then whats happened since - before and after:1st use cycling1st use cycling

2nd use and onwards use2nd use and onwards use

490 REPLIES 490
BBred
Journeyman
Options

I gave up in the end. moved over to garmin products which are supurb in data recording

0 Likes
MattBJK
First Poster
Options

Yeah I agree....  I've not yet purchased a new fitness tracker given COVID-19 and my lack of meaningful exercise.

I was really hopeful a recent (2 days ago) Software update on my watch was going to resolve the issue... but sadly... no.

I'm done with Samsung Gear.

0 Likes
MGreenaway
First Poster
Options

Almost the end of 2020 and seems like this is still an issue. My active 2 watch measured my first two 45min  spin classes (I always manually start my workouts) at around 500cals. The last 2 classes I've done it stops at exactly 74 calories burnt. Not possible. My circuit training, walks, bicycle, and yoga all tracks "appropriately" but spin class is not registering and its really unmotivating. I just did the latest update a few days ago and thats when this issue started. Any updates?

0 Likes
tans
First Poster
Options

I was just told by a samsung customer service rep that to measure hr you had to be seated and relaxed and suggested that i should take a mid exercise break if I wanted to measure my hr. Seems a bit rubbish for a sport watch.  The website certainly suggests that i should be able to workout whilst measuring heart rate. Pretty disappointing really.

0 Likes
pavlis
Pioneer
Options

In Australia, you would be entitled for 100% refund as the product is not fit for its intended use. You should demand a full refund!
In the meantime, since I got my full refund from Samsung, I've been enjoying my Fitbit Versa 1 and 2. They're fantastic products and work 100% as advertised.

0 Likes
MattBJK
First Poster
Options

I still have the same issue using Samsung Health (built-in) apps, but is I use Strava it works just fine which says to me it's a software bug not hardware.  I am in Australia but it was a grey-market purchase from Kogan, so that option isn't available to me.

0 Likes
NewbieSGS
Student
Options

My Gear Sport is out of wack !!

On Monday recorded a ridiculous Heart rate while running 7K. My Range usually is from 130 to 164 BPM.  At the end of the workout I reviewed the data and it said 216 BPM !!!! I SHOUD BE DEAD!!! , considering that I'm a 44 year old male .

Then On Wednesday and Thursday could'n break the 120 BPM mark while running at the same speed and route.

I'm sick and tired of trying to work this out with this watch. Having a wearable shouldn't be SO DIFFICULT !!

0 Likes
Ezza23
First Poster
Options

Works much better with Strava in my opinion....

But it's not a software issue in any shape or form 😳

0 Likes
Madsully
First Poster
Options

I had my watch firmly strapped on.  The breaks in heart rate should not have happened.  My rate was above 170 for much of this routine.

Screenshot_20211031-090354_Samsung Health.jpg

0 Likes
lilith14
Explorer
Options

After three and a half years it time to give up like did back then and bought a garmin.

0 Likes