Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gear sport Battery draining at night

(Topic created on: 18-10-2018 03:22 PM)
Celiawheelia
Pathfinder
Options

My gear sport watch, which is around 6 months old, had started to battery drain every night. It happens at around 3am. The battery percentage is around 70% when I go to bed (10-11pm) 

I know the time accurately because the sleep record and HR record switch off. 

Has anyone else had this issue? 

315 REPLIES 315
Buckus
Student
Options

Samsung you are a joke. Up until 2 days my S3 Frontier battery lasted 3 to 4 days, now it doesn't even last half a day following an update. Clearly this is a major issue but depsite trying several different support options I have no firm answer from you, except my device might be faulty!!!

Look at all the comments, are all these peoples devices suddenly faulty, no of couse not.

Sort it out, NOW.

digidork4
Apprentice
Options

I noticed this happened after I installed an update for my watch through my phone.
Anyone try resetting / reverting the watch to confirm it is software?

0 Likes
Dan0801
Explorer
Options

@digidork4 wrote:

I noticed this happened after I installed an update for my watch through my phone.

Well, lot of us (including me) had factory reset on watch side which didn't work out so far. I'm trying to do a software reinstall on the phone today... But need to sleep to have results.... :face-with-tears-of-joy:

0 Likes
Frogophobic
First Poster
Options
I'm also having this issue, go to bed with about 85%+ charge and when I woke up it was about 6% left. It's annoying and it does seem like a software issue.
0 Likes
ddee105
First Poster
Options

I went to bed with 83%  when i woke up was at 40% and 3 hours later is at 16% seems like samsung is taking apple 

path as they release the galaxy watch now they f@#k our watches to force us go get a new one.

0 Likes
Dan0801
Explorer
Options

@digidork4 wrote:

The other fact that this fault appeared on lot of people's device basically at the same time (2-5 days ago, including watches of 5 day to 1 year of ages) makes me hardly believe it is a software issue. Unless Samsung deployed a "time bomb" part into these watches which were "exploded" 3 days ago... 

0 Likes
dodecaphonic
Student
Options

I don't think it's malicious. I'm a software developer -- time is tough, has a lot of subtleties, and is a source of tons and tons of bugs. The fact it happened at the same time to a lot of people (me included) is a clear indicative of something gone awry with the code, and also something that should give us solace, as it's fixable.

Carbon337
Journeyman
Options
DragonPrince043
First Poster
Options

For the last two days it has drained at night. Mine is now also draining battery in power saving from 39% to 18% in 1.5 hours. This is not good. Mine says s health 49% messages 27%. I will try the reset but... I only have the original charger and all apps are up to date.

0 Likes
Rusty2
Explorer
Options

Hmmmm  mine  did the same  ~~ I put it on a 4 am , by 7 it was 63% I've  reharged it and after 1 hour  it remains at 100%  Strange ~~~   I have sent  some of these post to the Floor Manager  Krishna ~~ just now ~~ told them it's a SERIOUS  breach of confidence in MANY of the  customers ~~ one post  suggested BUYING  the  new Galaxy  ( must have been a Samsung  employee )  that price is almost  $ 400.00  I am lookinf for alternatives at this point  ~~ watch is still undwer  warrantuy  though  ~~ turn around time  leaves me  "watchless "     arrrrrggggghhhhhhh

0 Likes