Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gear sport Battery draining at night

(Topic created on: 18-10-2018 11:49 AM)
Celiawheelia
Pathfinder
Options

My gear sport watch, which is around 6 months old, had started to battery drain every night. It happens at around 3am. The battery percentage is around 70% when I go to bed (10-11pm) 

I know the time accurately because the sleep record and HR record switch off. 

Has anyone else had this issue? 

315 REPLIES 315
KennyT7
Journeyman
Options
Weather app was the last thing I remember updating.
0 Likes
Jpablodib
Student
Options

Same issue here! Been having this problem for over two nights. It is really annoying!

Please add me to the list of people with the issue

0 Likes
Dan0801
Explorer
Options

My previous reply just disappeared... Just like the charge from my watch... :face-with-tears-of-joy:

So I'm trying to think out of the box a bit. Everybody is focusing on teh watch itself, but in my case there was a phone change just before the issue came up. I think there is a connection between the phone's Samsung Warable app and the watch even if the notifications turned off and the do not disturb is on, whatsoever. If theres a bluetooth connections the issue can be caused by the mobile app. I checked google play when the Samsung Wearable app was last updated, it says August this year. But we don't know what's going on behind the scenes, there might be differnt versions of the Wearable app with very minor differnces, even if the google play not marking the difference as an update. 

I'm trying to connect my watch to my fiances phone tonight an will see what's happening. It will show if the issue is on the phone's side or with the watch.

***And the issue might be also on the "Galaxy apps" side as well, as that's the one handling watch updates...

KittenToni
First Poster
Options

This is ridiculous. I went to bed at 11pm w/93% charge, woke up at 5:30 am and after 10 mins it turned off due to low battery. Never had problems until now. This is the third Samsung product I've had issues with... And I'm pissed. I did the reset support suggested. A waste of time. They need an update stat.

0 Likes
Dan0801
Explorer
Options

We're getting close to the point when it's easier to list the people who don't have this issue :face-with-tears-of-joy: :face-with-tears-of-joy: :face-with-tears-of-joy:

tredman1
Student
Options
Also have this problem, very very annoying as I use the watch as an alarm and also it wakes me up in the night to tell me my battery is failing!
Dan0801
Explorer
Options

Found this on US community site. Might worth a try (if it's possible for EU):

Re: Battery drain on gear sport 

This fix worked for me:

1. hard reset my watch

2. cleared cache and clear data for both Gear Wearable app and Gear Plugin S app

3. uninstalled both apps

4. install Gear Wearable app from Galaxy Apps

5. Gear Plugin install an old version from September 2.2.03.18083041N (https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/samsung-electronics-co-ltd/gear-s-plugin/gear-s-plugin-2-2-03-18083041)

6. When I start the pairing process, Galaxy Wearable app popped a message saying it needs to update and the update was actually carried to the Gear S Plugin 

result should be :

1. Galaxy Wearable from Galaxy Apps: 2.2.21.18080361
2. Gear S Plugin : 2.2.03.18083051

Dan0801
Explorer
Options

Meanwhile uk Twitter support solved all my issues ***sarcastic***

Screenshot_20181018-114002_Twitter.jpg

phk
Navigator
Options

I have this problem on my Gear S3 frontier. Go to bed with about 80%, battery completely drained by the time I wake up. (Looks like it happens around 5.00am)

May be coincidence but it started when my S8 had the CRI5 update. 

0 Likes
Svgcbbg
First Poster
Options

S3 frontier user here, I can also say my watch is draining at night but it works fine during the day. If it's this many people I doubt that it is a hardware thing; I hope they push an update soon.