Did you mean: 

Gear sport auto HR monitor

(Topic created on: 03-03-2018 08:17 PM)
p01
Apprentice
Options

hello

I have a new samsung gear sport watch.

i compare it with my fitbit, so i wear both for a couple of days.

I have an issue with samsung's auto HR monitor.

eg: HR at (lets say 55), i'm moving ... somehow samsung will read a HR of (lets say) 110 and it will get stuck in this range reading values close to 110 (fitbit is still around 55).

if, on samsung,  i change from auto HR to manual and measure the HR, it will read 55. If i go back to auto HR , it will read values close to 55

these jumps happen a few times a day

it seems that when one is moving and the watch cannot properly estimate the HR, the algorith will stay in a range close to a previous measurement, but why is it so easily jumping to a higher value?

is this a sensor problem? or is just the algorithm?

anyone else seen that?

any fix?

also ... it would be so great if samsung can figure out how to match fitbit on sleep analysis :smiling-face:

thanks!

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
chimichanga
Student
Options

Hi p01,

Did you solve this issue? I bought a Gear Sport this week and noticed the same issue twice today. It's also discussed on the US Samsung forum: https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Wearable-Tech/Samsung-Gear-Sport-Continuous-HR-Issues/td-p/20747...

Would be interested in hearing if you found a solution for this and also if there are any other users out there with the same issue.

Thanks!

0 Likes
p01
Apprentice
Options

unfortunately there is no solution

if you chose to measure the HR frequently (every 10 minutes) it will get more accurate measurements when it will be able to measure ... this is not as annoying as having a totally messed up graph 

chimichanga
Student
Options

good point, will give that a try. Also, my main concern is accuracy during workouts. I just had a gym session (treadmill) and directly compared the HR rate of the Gear Sport with the Huawei Watch 2 Sport which I wore on my other wrist. No issues with the HR measurements during this session on the Gear Sport. And the HR levels were at very similar levels between the two watches, which made me quite happy :smiling-face:

Have you had any experience with HR during workouts?

0 Likes
p01
Apprentice
Options

changing to frequent measurement won't help when you workout

i've seen that if you start the workout manually, it will start measuring the HR continuously

and if it detects the workout, it will keep trying to measure the HR from 10 to 10 minutes, but it will fail to measure anything as you are moving too much :smiling-face:

0 Likes