Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Gear s3 won't automatically reconnect to bluetooth when back in range.

(Topic created on: 07-11-2017 10:04 PM)
Chris_N
Student
Options

Hello wonder if you can help.

I have just purchased a Gear s3 and I have it paired and connected to my iPhone 6. The watch works perfect until I become out of Bluetooth range and thus my watch will lose connection, which is as expected. The problem comes when I’m back in Bluetooth range i.e. back with my phone the gear s3 will not automatically reconnect like other devices I have left it 30mins plus and it still won’t automatically reconnect. I have to manually keep turning Bluetooth on and off on both the watch and phone and then clicking on both the Bluetooth connections on my phone (Gear S3(DC10) & Gear S3(DC10) LE) to try and get it to reconnect eventually after going through this process multiple times it will finally connect again. Any help will be appreciated as I can’t keep doing this every time I’m away from my phone. Thanks In advance.

157 REPLIES 157
Mist
Apprentice
Options

@DeeGee wrote:

Same here with Fronier and Note-8

Install Tasker, for me with oneplus 3 and 5 it's a live saver

0 Likes
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Tasker as in the app, no doubt a rule, tired that long while back but never got it to work, any advice ?

Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
0 Likes
Van91
First Poster
Options

How to do 

0 Likes
philip0007
First Poster
Options

I have just phoned Samsung about the same issues, that the gear 3 will not reconnect the Bluetooth automatically after disconnecting, and to my disbelief they told me it’s because there is to much interference with other Bluetooth devices, what a load of rubbish.they did not even know about this website, which is run by them. Why can’t they just admit there is a software issue? They have promised to escalate this, i also asked them to look at this discussion page, I doubt it. If you are watching Samsung please sort out this Bluetooth issue so everyone does not send them back, costing you even more money, yet again. Very upset customer. Very dissatisfied and if nothing done soon, will send back for refund. Have all Samsung products in my home, and had all the gears, the Watch is brilliant, but let down badly by this. Sort out Samsung..............

0 Likes
labanauskas
First Poster
Options

Same here. S8 and Gear S3. Latest fw, sometimes it connects sometimes stays in standalone. Starts working again after watch is powered off/on

0 Likes
Ritchie
Journeyman
Options

I have given up with the Samsung S2 and shoved in in a drawer until Samsung gets their act together. They have now quoted that the S2 in the UK will never support samsung pay, I have gone back to the old trusted pebble time 🙂 

0 Likes
Jimthefirst
First Poster
Options

I had the same problem for some time now.  I have corrected it by deleteing all network data. This means I lost all my network, bluetooth pairing and passwords and I had a lot of them. The one's I use all the time Ill just replace. So far S3 and S7 are pairing normally. 

Hope this helps. :smiling-face:

0 Likes
labanauskas
First Poster
Options

Those workarounds isn't a sollution... Maybe Tizen 3 will solve them...

0 Likes
labanauskas
First Poster
Options

Tizen 3 solved, but now are other issues: battery lasts 30% less, watch became laggy, slower BT transfers. It's like Samsung did on purpose, to buy new Gear Sport :).

I want to go back to tizen 2.3...

0 Likes
ag55
First Poster
Options

For me it's the oposite, after the Tizen 3 stopped reconnecting, before never had that issue.. now the bluetooth disconnects, wifi connects and drains all the batters 😞

0 Likes