Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Gear s3 won't automatically reconnect to bluetooth when back in range.

(Topic created on: 03-08-2020 08:18 PM)
Chris_N
Student
Options

Hello wonder if you can help.

I have just purchased a Gear s3 and I have it paired and connected to my iPhone 6. The watch works perfect until I become out of Bluetooth range and thus my watch will lose connection, which is as expected. The problem comes when I’m back in Bluetooth range i.e. back with my phone the gear s3 will not automatically reconnect like other devices I have left it 30mins plus and it still won’t automatically reconnect. I have to manually keep turning Bluetooth on and off on both the watch and phone and then clicking on both the Bluetooth connections on my phone (Gear S3(DC10) & Gear S3(DC10) LE) to try and get it to reconnect eventually after going through this process multiple times it will finally connect again. Any help will be appreciated as I can’t keep doing this every time I’m away from my phone. Thanks In advance.

157 REPLIES 157
oscargg
First Poster
Options

same problem...  s8+, work perfectly for over one year. now s8 is broken, and with my new (non Samsung) phone, after installing wearable, all ok. but if i close(!!!) wearable app, no more working. i need to re-re-reinstall reconnect reset, reutilize my watch as hummer!

0 Likes
123Namakmirch
First Poster
Options

Gear s3 would not reconnect automatic 

0 Likes
8tone
First Poster
Options
Just bought the active 2 and it is a disgrace that this post has been running for 3 1/2 years and Samsung have not helped. The clear cache works for me but I have to do it every time I lose connection. I am trying the battery optimiser fix now. Phone is mi 9. I have lost alll faith in Samsung.
0 Likes
oscargg
First Poster
Options

not really a solution for all!

galaxy wear use 2 hide app: watch plugin (one for watch model) and Samsung Accessory Service.

by an undiscovered way, this apps works only when phone restart, then after a bit (or a lot) of time, this apps will down, and not start again! you need to restart the phone if you need to connect with galaxy wear app.

i've tried with battery save policy, app optimizer an so on, nothing to do!

The bluetooth also not auto-reconnect, and cache clear not work.

but... when i use the s8+ (and only this) all working good... WHY!?!?

0 Likes
MosCraciun
First Poster
Options

Closing Duraspeed on android phone works for me!

0 Likes
Duinhir
Student
Options

0 Likes
Duinhir
Student
Options

@Pieter77 wrote:

So after installing at least an update (both Watch and iPhone) the watch is now buzzing every time it's reconnecting and keeps asking to confirm the passkey (in order to (re)connect). This is really irritating. I tried really reconnecting the watch (remove it from my bluetooth list), but still keeps asking. 

It looks like the reconnecting itself has improved, but having to accept the key everytime is really anoying. Is there a way to disable this? Does anyone else have the same problem?

iPhone 8 (ios 13.3),

Gear S3: Tizen 4.0.0.4, Software R760XXU2ESF2

Same issue on iPhone XS (iOS 14.4.2), really anoying

0 Likes
SmileisCharity
First Poster
Options

I love you guys I fixed it does worked 

0 Likes