Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

gear s3 remote connection

(Topic created on: 03-02-2018 09:31 AM)
V_J
Pioneer
Options

Hello,

I had some issues getting my Gear S3 to remotely connect ( = via wifi) to my LG K8, but suddenly I managed and got notifications (I think calling requires a Samsung phone). A few days ago, I needed to reset my Gear S3 (I could not pick up incoming calls when connected via bluetooth: the green button did not appear - only the read one) but since then I'm unable to get remote connection to work... The S3 does connect to wifi and is capable of getting weather updates via it.

I have tried resetting the S3 again but to no avail...

So I want to check if there is any setting that may affect it... Any thoughts? There were no updates to either the phone, the app, the gear s3 or the wifi point, so the hardware is exactly the same.

Thanks,

Jörg

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Solution
V_J
Pioneer
Options

I yesterday received a update to the Gear App (to version 2.2.20.17113061) and the Gear S Plugin (to 2.2.03.18011941N)... A bit surprised about the update to Gear App as it soes not seem a recent thing; if the last part of the version number is date, it is from November last year.I did clear a bit of phone memory (my phone is all the time low on memory) and lack of memory may have hidden the update. Does not explain why it has worked before, but at least it seems fixed.

So for me, after both updates, it immediately had no problems connecting remotely; just like it did earlier.

Clough
Student
Options
Could yous resolv it for.me pls
0 Likes
SC68
Explorer
Options

I've had the same but if u unpair via bluetooth then repair and then when connected turn off watch blue tooth that should work! Hope this works for u as it did for me

0 Likes