Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

gear s3 outdoor mode?

(Topic created on: 20-06-2018 11:26 AM)
V_J
Pioneer
Options

Hello,

Yesterday, I noticed my gear S3 (3.0.0.2) activated the Outdoor mode, during which I could not adjust the brightness. First time I saw this...

What triggers "outdoor mode" ? (measured brightness? gps?)

Can it be enabled/disabled manually?

Can one set specific settings for outdoor mode?

Thanks!

Jörg

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
DannyT
Options
Hi there, @V_J,

Outdoor mode can automatically adjust the Gear’s display brightness to suit bright environments such as when you are outdoors to help give better visibility. If you move back indoors or to a darker environment, you can adjust screen brightness again.

It's the ambient light sensor on the watch that enables outdoor mode, so you won't be able to set it manually.

Welcome to the Community!

View solution in context

10 REPLIES 10
Solution
DannyT
Options
Hi there, @V_J,

Outdoor mode can automatically adjust the Gear’s display brightness to suit bright environments such as when you are outdoors to help give better visibility. If you move back indoors or to a darker environment, you can adjust screen brightness again.

It's the ambient light sensor on the watch that enables outdoor mode, so you won't be able to set it manually.

Welcome to the Community!

V_J
Pioneer
Options

Thanks!

I noticed the display was quite bright and I tried to adjust it. I was a bit surprised when it popped up as I had never read about this feature. It all worked as it should (I could adjust the brightness again later), just got curious. 🙂

mdr88ball
First Poster
Options

Q: My Galaxy watch AOD  in "outdoor mode" is dark, unreadable outdoors. Is this the way it's supposed to work? Doesn't make any sense. I cannot find any info relating to this in any Samsung User manuals. I've set the display as bright as it can go and Auto low brightness to both "on" and "off" without any noticeable effect on outdoor readability.

JK2017
Pathfinder
Options

This happened today. Couldn't read the watch it was so dark. Worse feature so far for me on the GW. 

filhere
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem. Outdoors in bright sunlight it automatically dims the screen so you can't see it. I found a solution. Go indoors, which switches off the ourdoors mode, turn the brightness up to full, then return outdoors. It goes back to outdoors mode but with full brightness. I look forward to Samsung bringing out an update that allows you to switch off outdoor mode - hopefully Samsung is listening!

RoGer64
Student
Options

Same defect (for me it is one) with my Gear S2: Activated AOD and since Outdoor Modus Update: no recognizable Display outdoor! You have to tap on the diaplay to get ist visible - No influence by "automatic brightness" activated or not.

Senseless AOD....

Any reactions known from Samsung?

Is it possible to roll back gear-software-updade? => To get rid of this outdoor modus!

A visible Display at a watch is a key-function! It is understandable to work to improve the battery-life, it is competion argument.

Who needs a porsche with a tow-bar but no wheels...

;o)

Srunyon1
First Poster
Options

I am having this same issue, is there any fix????

RoGer64
Student
Options

i didin´t hear of any... ;o(

So - I put my gear s2 back to factory condition and after pairing I deactivated the automatical gear-update so the "sensless one" doesn`t come back to my gaer - now AOD mode works fine, but addiional functions sorced with updates -> I don`t have..

picsporadic
Student
Options
Where is the ambient light sensor so I can cover it with tape? I am sick of the watch eating the battery outdoors.
0 Likes