Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gear S3: How to play music from phone

(Topic created on: 29-01-2017 08:43 PM)
Swifty
Pioneer
Options

When I open the music player, and change the music source to phone, all I get as content is the word "Unknown".

I have hundreds of albums on the SD card in my S7 Edge, on the SD card, so why can't the watch find it?

I could perhaps download a few albums from the phone to the S3, but then I would be continually juggling albums.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
AntS
Options

Do you get the same "Unknown" message for music files stored directly on the phone itself, @Swifty?

0 Likes
Swifty
Pioneer
Options
No, tracks on the watch appear/play correctly.
As far as I know, the tracks on the watch are in the expected place.
0 Likes
Swifty
Pioneer
Options

Additional information:

Sometime, a few months ago, I was using the ES File Explorer,  and was asked to use a different path to reach directories on my SD card. I didn't fully understand the issue, but followed the instructions, and my access succeeded. But this has left me with an un-intuitive path to my SD card...

Perhaps there is some sort of access permission required?

0 Likes
Swifty
Pioneer
Options
How odd. Today, I can switch to my phone as the music source, and it finds just one track, one that I downloaded to the phone yesterday. It doesn't play though - nothing happens, not even an error.

Yesterday, I switched to my phone as source, played the track that appeared, and it played... on the phone!

0 Likes