Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Gear S3 hands obscure day/date

(Topic created on: 24-01-2017 08:45 PM)
Swifty
Pioneer
Options

In the default face of the Gear S3 Frontier the watch hands obscure the day/date at quarter past the hour. 

Could Samsung be persuaded to display the day/date on top of the hands, rather than behind them?

It seems that it's always quarter past the hour when I need the date. 😞

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Swifty
Pioneer
Options

I'll take another look at the watch faces, but I really like the default face. It was this face that persuaded me to buy the S3 (the advertisement on the back cover of the New Scientist Christmas Special edition).

I've found that rotating the dial three clicks takes me to my diary,  and that displays the date in format "Sun, 5 Feb" which is perfect for me.

View solution in context

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Swifty
Pioneer
Options

Is there an easy way to display the full date on my Gear S3?

I know I should know the date, and I do, it's the 27th January, 2017. But I ordered something earlier today, and just got confirmation of dispatch, with an anticipated delivery date of 28 February...

Now, as an Amazon Prime member, I'm used to goods arriving the following date. But that prediction of a delivery exactly one month and one day in the future made me start doubting my own mind.

Someone's probably touched the wrong month on their system.

In the meantime I looked up the date on one of my own webpage,  and it really is 27 January 2017. Unless the server hosting my website has gone wonky!

0 Likes
KellyM
Helping Hand
Options

Hey @Swifty thanks for posting.

It sounds like you're having a spot of bad timing! Have you played around with the other watch faces to see if any are more suited?

We'll be sure to pass on your feedback! 

0 Likes
Solution
Swifty
Pioneer
Options

I'll take another look at the watch faces, but I really like the default face. It was this face that persuaded me to buy the S3 (the advertisement on the back cover of the New Scientist Christmas Special edition).

I've found that rotating the dial three clicks takes me to my diary,  and that displays the date in format "Sun, 5 Feb" which is perfect for me.

0 Likes