Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gear s3 frontier screen keeps flipping 180 degrees

(Topic created on: 25-07-2018 07:03 AM)
DigitalDev
Apprentice
Options

Hi All,

I have a Gear S3 and recently the screen has started to just flip itself 180 degrees! So when I come to view the watch face etc it's all upside down.

I cannot find a setting that would invoke this, I thought it maybe some clever feature that detects of your a left wrist or right wrist wearer but no matter how I try and orientate my device the screen doesn't return to normal. 

I have to reboot to get it back, it could then be fine for a while but still seems to flip again. 

Anyone else have this issue or know of a setting to turn it off!? 

See images below:

Even affects the widgetsEven affects the widgets

The whole display is flipped 180 degreesThe whole display is flipped 180 degrees

0 Likes
26 REPLIES 26
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @DigitalDev

Mine does not do this !

Can you get to a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre to have it looked at. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
DigitalDev
Apprentice
Options

@BandOfBrothers wrote:

Hi @DigitalDev

Mine does not do this !

Can you get to a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre to have it looked at. 

Hi I will have to have a look for one, I was hoping it was just a setting or something. I shall have to have a look for a service centre, only bought in December and software is all up to date so should still be under warranty of it's a fault. 

Thank you 

0 Likes
WWWW
Student
Options

Hi,

Same problem over here ... how to solve ? Any feedback ?

Many thanks

Wesley

0 Likes
Armo1
First Poster
Options

My watch just started doing this as well. HELP

0 Likes
WWWW
Student
Options

Solved the problem myself, factory reset of the device ... everything works fine now ...  (but no support from Samsung 😞 )

DannyT
Options
Hi all,

We've just had a look at this from our end and can see this feature seems to have disappeared (it was there on the Gear Fit). This doesn't seem right.

We've requested more information/help on this issue from our Development Team. As soon as we have anything back from them we'll get in touch. Hopefully, we can get an update pushed out, or an explanation on how to stop this from happening.

Thanks.

Welcome to the Community!

David_F
First Poster
Options

Mine just did it after the new update a few days ago. I bought about 9 or 10 months ago and never did it until the update. It has done it a few times now and changes back on it's own eventually. Really annoying. You would think that an otherwise polished product like this would not do something this major.

0 Likes
CarlH
Options

Hi all. We've had confirmation that this particular issue has been fixed with Tizen 4.0. Thank you for your patience. 

0 Likes
Armo1
First Poster
Options

I checked my watch and I am on Tizen Version 3.0.0.2 and I tried to update to 4 but it is saying I am on the latest verion. Whats up?

0 Likes