Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gear s3 frontier screen keeps flipping 180 degrees

(Topic created on: 19-08-2020 11:11 AM)
DigitalDev
Apprentice
Options

Hi All,

I have a Gear S3 and recently the screen has started to just flip itself 180 degrees! So when I come to view the watch face etc it's all upside down.

I cannot find a setting that would invoke this, I thought it maybe some clever feature that detects of your a left wrist or right wrist wearer but no matter how I try and orientate my device the screen doesn't return to normal. 

I have to reboot to get it back, it could then be fine for a while but still seems to flip again. 

Anyone else have this issue or know of a setting to turn it off!? 

See images below:

Even affects the widgetsEven affects the widgets

The whole display is flipped 180 degreesThe whole display is flipped 180 degrees

0 Likes
26 REPLIES 26
tguarriello
First Poster
Options

Same here - it flips a few times a week - sometimes several times a day. Oddly, only the image flips, the touchscreen acts as if the screen were not flipped. I used to cycle the power, but I just discovered that if I take it off an shake vigourously, it corrects itself.  It almost seems like it is associated with the health app - but who knows.  Running 4.0.0.7

0 Likes
pogiewun
First Poster
Options

mine does this too!

0 Likes
TrondEinar
First Poster
Options

Also mine, really annoying!

0 Likes
KevCorks
First Poster
Options
Mine too, I'm on Tizen 4.0.0.7 also. It occurs a couple of times a week and sure, a reset fixes it but not permanently.

Very frustrating and would expect better from a Samsung product
0 Likes
odj
Apprentice
Options

Also mine.

Software 4.0.0.7

SE for Tizen 2.0.0

I am fed up with products that are not properly supported by the manufacturer. Instead of churning out thousands of models, properly support the ones you do if you want to build customer loyalty!
I'll switch to competing products, at most they can only treat me badly as samsung has been doing for some time

0 Likes
its_Tricky83
First Poster
Options

SOLUTION/WORKAROUND: If this happens, then simply swipe down from the top of the screen (the controls are inverted in a wacky way) to bring up the Options dropdown, and then simply turn your watch sideways.

The orientation should flip back to the correct way up.

This has worked for me the last few times this has happened. Although, I'm still not sure what is causing it to happen in the first place.

0 Likes
DigitalDev
Apprentice
Options

Amazed to see how many replies with 'workarounds' etc. If you turn it if then back on or reboot by pressing and holding the power button then it does revert back to normal. Just a massive shame Samsung haven't done a firmware update to actually resolve this issue. 

0 Likes