Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Gear s3 frontier disconnecting

(Topic created on: 01-02-2018 04:55 PM)
Spitfire400
Student
Options

Really strange issue starting happening today. I keep getting alerted to my gear s3 frontier going into standalone mode. Weird thing is I'm not out of range from my s8+ when this is happening. Both when indoors on Wi-Fi & outside on 4g. Only started happening after update for gear app applied yesterday through notification on handset.

Anyone experiencing similar and found a fix? Or any suggestions on how to troubleshoot would be kindly appreciated.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

You could try impairing and then reset up the pairing between the phone and watch. 

I recently updated my Gear App on my s8 and at the moment have not had a dropped connection on my Gear s3 frontier watch. 

An extreme last resortwould be to Back up the watch and factory reset. 

If it continues then a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre location can run a diagnostic on the devices. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

View solution in context

11 REPLIES 11
Solution
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

You could try impairing and then reset up the pairing between the phone and watch. 

I recently updated my Gear App on my s8 and at the moment have not had a dropped connection on my Gear s3 frontier watch. 

An extreme last resortwould be to Back up the watch and factory reset. 

If it continues then a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre location can run a diagnostic on the devices. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Spitfire400
Student
Options
Eventually gave in and reset watch as a new device, set up with "new" phone. I must just be unlucky, as the last 3 gear updates went through fine, but this update was for gear app on phone, and the watch clearly didn't like it.

Thank you for responding, problem marked as solved.
0 Likes
Suzybritain
First Poster
Options

I was getting a notice on my samsung gear 3 after I hooked it up to Alexa and added new device. The notice read,

Disconnected: mobil date with reconnect in 30seconds. I read your vine and depaired then repaired the watch to the phone and so far problem solved thanks

0 Likes
hendrafu11
First Poster
Options

i just bought galaxy watch 46mm, it keeps disconnecting with my pocophone, especially when i close all apps to clear ram. can somebody help me? maybe like how to exclude galaxy wear from the clear ram apps.. thank you

Wolfseye
Apprentice
Options

I know the exact same problem. In my case its with my Mate 20 X, connection loss all the time with the watch. Did already do factory resets and all sorts of things I read on the net. Nothing really helped. Very disappointing. With my previous iPhone and Apple Watch that hardly ever happened at all.

Not_Happy
First Poster
Options

Has anyone come up with a solution to this problem, or do we all just accept that my VERY expensive smart watch is now a dumb watch ??????

I have reset watch and phone, re-installed samsung apps and it still disconnects after 10 minutes and wont reconnect

All problems started after upgrade to Android 9

Sith
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem, Psmart and gear S3. Keeps disconnecting and after resets it disconnects after a while.

0 Likes
Satalink
Student
Options

Go into your Galaxy S3 settings -> CONNECTIONS 

Check that BLUETOOTH is enabled on both your watch and then your phone.
Also check to see if WIFI is enabled on your watch and phone.

In my case, the WIFI was set to "Auto" but Bluetooth was "Disabled" on my watch.  When I left the area of my home WiFi network my watch would lose connectivity. 

When both are enabled, WiFi can extend the area of connectivity so that you can leave your phone on the charger in your office and go into the kitchen and grab a new cup of coffee and still receive message updates.  When you return to the office, your watch will detect that the bluetooth connection is once again available and switch over to it from WiFi.   There are lots of combinations and thresholds that can go wrong here.  If you are having more problems than good, disable the WiFi on your watch.  When an update is deployed for either/or your watch or phone, you may consider enabling WiFi to see if it behaves better.

Hope this is helpful.

0 Likes
Clayjn
First Poster
Options

Go into your setting search for reset in your search window. Go to reset wifi, Bluetooth and etc. Reset them set up your WiFi again.  Reconnect you watch. Mine works perfectly now. Seems like something was getting priority over my watch. Try this and see if it fixes it for you. It fixed mine. 

0 Likes