Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gear S3 Frontier Charging Dock

(Topic created on: 14-03-2022 03:25 PM)
Members_d3Flq2F
Student
Options

I am getting a fault that is repeating very often.  I place my watch in the charging dock, and it starts charging straight away, the RED LED comes on steady.  Sometime during the night, the RED LED status changes from steady to flashing, and the watch stops charging at between 95 to 98%.    It will only start recharging if I do either of the following

1. remove the watch, wipe the dock clean and replace the watch, RED LED does go off. (This is required 5 out of 7 times)

2. remove the charging cable, then reinsert it, RED LED continues to flash even though the watch is removed. (this is required 2 out of 7 times)

I have made sure the charging dock is clean, and have cleaned it almost every other day with alcohol wipes.  I have also cleaned the rear and sides of the watch to ensure they are siting tight with no obstructions.  The magnet in the charging dock seems strong as it does hold the watch tightly in place.  

The fault happens at least 4 times a week., and been going on for over 6 months now, initially it was, maybe, once a month, slowly increasing to once a fortnight, to once a week, and now almost every 2nd or 3rd day. Though it is annoying, when I do restart the charge procedure in the morning, it only takes around 5 minutes to fully charge up.

I have used the original USB charger and cable, and also other Samsung chargers and cables, with the same faults.

Has any one come across the same fault, and is there an easy fix for this? Or is this the charging docks way of telling me it needs replacing?

Andy
2 REPLIES 2
Fizaan
Navigator
Options
Have you checked the app mabye you have turned on a battery saver and that only let's you charge to 90
0 Likes
Members_d3Flq2F
Student
Options

Hi, Thanks but yes, have checked the app.  It does not happen every day either, but is becoming more regular now.  Have just upgraded my phone, so the app on the phone has been reinstalled, which forced a reset/reinstall on the watch, so all were back at factory default.

Andy
0 Likes