Go to solution Solved

Gear S3 Frontier battery drain on Tizen 3.0.0.2

(Topic created on: 28-05-2018 02:58 PM)
cephalon
Apprentice
Options

Hi

I have recently updated my Gear S3 Frontier to Tizen 3.0.0.2
On Tizen 3.0.0.1, I had a battery life of approx 3 days - after updating to Tizen 3.0.0.2, I have a battery life of max 1,5 day.
1. Do other users experience the same?
2. Does anyone have an idea of what could suddenly drain my battery so quickly?

Go to solution
254 REPLIES 254
MersauX
Apprentice
Options

I've been having the same issue for a few days now. I tried different things, nothing helped so far. The detect workout is also grayed out for me. However, I disconnected the watch and it became available. Then I turned it off and reconnected the watch. Now it's grayed out again, but it shows as off. We'll see if this helps.

0 Likes
BobLoblaw
Apprentice
Options

Same problem on 3.0.0.2

Since a few days ago, batter life went down from 2-3 days to less than half a day.

Samsun gear app version: 2.2.21.18080361

Gear s plugin version: 2.2.03.18083051

0 Likes
Alexpc73
Explorer
Options
@PlanetUSA, do you have any hint for European users with the annoying R760XXU2CRH1 sw version? I hate this
0 Likes
sorin76
Apprentice
Options

altimeter-barometer was the cause of battery discharge, from 3 days to 1 day maximum, I uninstalled it, and consumption stabilized at 25% -30% per day. the idea came to me because the data was far wrong (altimeter-barometer)

0 Likes
Alexpc73
Explorer
Options

@sorin76, in my case I just followed up the instructions to disable the automatic workout detection inside the Samsung Health app, and right now it's fully stable... Weeeeeeeeeeeird!!!

sorin76
Apprentice
Options
Strange really, now, other problem... stand still, according to '' s health '' i climbed 6 floors, but the battery is ok
BobLoblaw
Apprentice
Options

@sorin76

I will give uninstalling this app a try.

Alexpc73
Explorer
Options

Searching along the threads here, and also the Internet, I found different root causes, like "faces not updated to 3.X.X.X", "Automatic workout detection inside Samsung health app", "Altimeter, baromether issue"...

I hope that Samsung do a full review of this firmware version, and try to fix all of the issues... urgently!!!

As I said, in my case, just disabling the automatic workout detection, send me to a stable situation with the battery

0 Likes
BobLoblaw
Apprentice
Options

How did you disable automatic workout detection? It's greyed out in my Samsung Health app settings.

0 Likes
Alexpc73
Explorer
Options

@BobLoblaw wrote:

How did you disable automatic workout detection? It's greyed out in my Samsung Health app settings.

@Anonymous User @BobLowLaw... you're right, it's usually greyed... so, for disable, first of all you  must disable your bluetooh connection in your smartphone... Then open the Samsung health app, disable it from settings, advanced, and then go back to your bluetooh, and enable it